Extremely Rare Archaea Paradoxa Inclusion In Baltic Amber

vermiculosis

Beautiful specimen! :wub: I'm especially impressed with your last image. The Archaeidae are a fascinating group and still so poorly understood. Thanks for posting and congrats on the great find!

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Thank you alot friends !

I'm happy like a kid for this inclusion, spectacular one in my collection.

No time to catch some nice Pseudoscorpion, i hope soon i can have nice one.

Pseudoscorpion in polish language - ZALESZCZOTEK - ( http://translate.google.pl/#pl/en/zaleszczotek ) someone try to spell it ?:)

Artur

Hi Artur, that last shot is really wonderful--the clarity in that closeup is frightening good. That would give my wife nightmares for months!!

Great fossil! Regards, Chris

Beautiful specimen and great pics, Artur!

BTW, one of my daughter's honors class summer assignments was to write about amber inclusions... She just got one piece with an insect in it from a family member in Poland and was told it contains... a flea! :D

Do you think it's possible?

Pozdrawiam!

Diana

I'm sure it's possible, though possibly unlikely. Post a pic and let's find out! :)

"They ... savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things."

-- Terry Pratchett

Hello Diana ! Nice to see that you know polish language :). Do you have polish family and roots ?

As AgriliusHunter say - its for sure possible but if its rally a flea - its extremely rare specimen for sure :) Would be amazing to see some pictures of this one.

Pozdrawiam ciepło !

Artur

Hello Diana ! Nice to see that you know polish language :). Do you have polish family and roots ?

As AgriliusHunter say - its for sure possible but if its rally a flea - its extremely rare specimen for sure :) Would be amazing to see some pictures of this one.

Pozdrawiam ciepło !

Artur

Artur, I'm Polish, but live in US :) I'm going to post pictures of that amber as soon as my daughter returns from her vacation in Poland and brings it here.

Happy amber hunting!

Diana

I'm sure it's possible, though possibly unlikely. Post a pic and let's find out! :)

I see... I'll post some pictures of it, as soon as I get it in my hands (that will be in a week or so).

Best,

Diana

Archived