Bay Of Fundy Fossil?

LynnM

Hello,

I was walking along the Bay Of Fundy in New Brunswick, along the Dover area, when I saw something in a cracked-open boulder lying along the side of the road. Anyone have any idea what this might be? I went back this summer to see it again, but it was gone (probably due to erosion...everything on that side seems to be slowly sliding into the mud).

post-12818-0-36845600-1376267307_thumb.jpg

post-12818-0-59316500-1376267333_thumb.jpg

Monkey embryo? :P

More seriously, I have no idea what it is, but it's weird and cool! It's really too bad you weren't able to collect it.

Hahaha! It is weird, isn't it? The two halves of the boulder probably weighed a lot more than I could carry. In fact, I didn't think it would slide into the Bay, but maybe someone else collected it? I hope so! It's a shame to lose it. :D

In the photos, it looks like a void; is this correct? It also appears devoid of symmetry. My best guess: entrained gas bubbles.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

alien embryo?

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Archived