Fossil Sites Near Kansas City

KansasFossilFinder

KansasFossilFinder

Hello I was just looking for some new sites and was wondering if anyone knew of any fossil sites that are within 2 hours of Kansas City in all directions. I know they might be out of missouri but I thought it would be best to put this topic here. The site does not have to be any age just looking to find something different. Oh, and if it is more than 2 hours that might be fine but only if its absolutely neccesary.

Edited by KansasFossilFinder
  • 2 months later...

Did you ever have any luck? I am going to be in Kansas City for work November 7th and 8th. I have been searching the area on google maps. Let me know if you might be interested in getting together one of those afternoons to go on a little hunt.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hitting the road today, if anyone thinks of a location I should try please send me a message so I can look it up. I will be in Kansas City on Thursday.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Check out some irrational leads on the Kansas/Missouri border which includes Raytown, Missouri to Garnett, Kansas. I added these on the Kansas sites.

If there is an exposure... it pays to snoop around awhile. Eventually you will find a hot spot and it will be well worth the time and effort.