Ornithomimosaur Bonebed Found In France

DD1991

A news article concerning a new ornithomimosaur site from the Early Cretaceous of France.....

http://www.sudouest.fr/2013/08/21/des-dinos-et-des-pinceaux-1146355-811.php

The French ornithomimosaur represents the second confirmed record of an Early Cretaceous ostrich-mimic from Europe and may provide another insight into the biogeography of the earliest ornithomimosaurs, as Nqwebasaurus has been recently considered an ornithomimosaur and Pelecanimimus is by far the only European ornithomimosaur named so far. I wouldn't be surprised if we find an ostrich mimic in the Wealden of England or the Cedar Mountain Formation of Utah. Who knows?

Appreciate the photos on the links. Thanks. Great the way the public was involved.

I like these beasties...thus why I made up an ornithomimid foot for my logo.

So different from here. We might pick up an end of a broken ornithomimid toe bone...make a quick decision if it is good enough to keep or not. After teeth, ornithomimid phalanges are the most common theropod remains we find. By no means abundant but more so than raptors or tyrannosaurids. Although hollow, still denser than raptor material and thus preserves better.