What Is It?

FossilMick

As worn as the root is, it's hard to say. Narrows down to a serrated species, with a more-or-less triangular shape; still a long list of candidates. Gnarly deformation though.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'd also agree with tiger shark based on the serration size

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

I would say that it is a tiger upper symphesial. It is only slightly pathological with that being the little inset at the tip of the tooth. The fact that the tooth goes straight out is a characteristics of the symphesial teeth. The reason i can identify it as a tiger is because of the big line like divots in lingual side of the root(the area a little before the crown on both the left and right side of the root). This a characteristic that i have only seen in tiger sharks. I'll take it a step further and say that it is probally an Aduncus. If it were a contortus there would be a twist to the blade and it doesn't resemble the parasymphesial or sypmhesial Cuvier's that i have seen(The syphesials that i have seen are friggen awesome)

Guest bmorefossil
I would say that it is a tiger upper symphesial. It is only slightly pathological with that being the little inset at the tip of the tooth. The fact that the tooth goes straight out is a characteristics of the symphesial teeth.
and the root has a little extra crease in it

I would say that it is a tiger upper symphesial. It is only slightly pathological with that being the little inset at the tip of the tooth. The fact that the tooth goes straight out is a characteristics of the symphesial teeth. The reason i can identify it as a tiger is because of the big line like divots in lingual side of the root(the area a little before the crown on both the left and right side of the root). This a characteristic that i have only seen in tiger sharks. I'll take it a step further and say that it is probally an Aduncus. If it were a contortus there would be a twist to the blade and it doesn't resemble the parasymphesial or sypmhesial Cuvier's that i have seen(The syphesials that i have seen are friggen awesome)

Thank you for explaining your reasoning; this suite my learning style. Good post :thumbsup:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!