Teddcg

Hello there guys, I recently visited a cave up in the Mediterranean mountains with a group of fellow fossil hunters, among the fossilized water droplets covering the floor I found this strange specimen, I have found many fossils during my fossil hunting lifetime but I am not very good at identifying them. I'd really appreciate any help on what this is, to me it looks like anything from a fossilized skull to a fossilized sapling. I doubt it is a sapling though seeing as I found it in a cave.

Thank you

post-13009-0-03797700-1377684109_thumb.png

I take it to be a suggestively weathered cobble; the product of geology rather than biology.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

What Auspex says.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Archived