Storage Boxes With Handles

DE&i

Hi everyone,

These are some of the storage boxes i take to school sometimes to show some of my fossils when its show and tell day. The lids shut really well with strong clips so you fossils dont fall out when you carry them by the handles. And sometimes its a good idea to put cotton wool in some of the red boxes inside if your fossils are small it stops them rattling around.

Regards,

Elliot.

post-10585-0-89181300-1377852275_thumb.jpg

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

You are well equipped to 'spread the joy' of fossils :)

I like that the compartments interchange to allow for larger or smaller specimens.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thanks. Great that you visit schools

I use Plano brand plastic boxes without handles. I prefer to carry 3 or 4 stacked horizontally and carry them like firewood. This way not concerned about jiggling. What's most important, however, is to be organized whatever system is used.

I follow a pattern we learned in curation and that's not to wrap fossils or put them in anything in which they aren't visible when a box or drawer is open. This way things aren't lost, less handling, and visible fossils are just more inspirational.

Curious as to what fossils get students the most excited.?

Thanks. Great that you visit schools...

Young Elliot is an emissary to his peers in this case. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I like your case! The fact that the boxes come out is rather unique. The typical cases I see are the Plano / fishing tackle type boxes.

Very nice set up there Elliot! Love that they can be moved around, I just bought some bead boxes from a craft store for my smaller specimens and cut a few dividers out with a X-acto to make larger spaces if needed =p