Micros Hawthorn Formation Florida

squali

Here is a sample of the micros that my daughter and I have hand picked from about half of the Hawthorn formation matrix we received from Mikecable in the fossil forum auction. Still sorting and haven't gotten to the ID phase yet but thought I would share.

The last photo shows the containers that Mike provided. I'm starting the sorting process with formation- location labels and will continue to refine

post-4721-0-30400400-1378089113_thumb.jpg

post-4721-0-97372400-1378089141_thumb.jpg

post-4721-0-12442800-1378089162_thumb.jpg

post-4721-0-93992600-1378089192_thumb.jpg

post-4721-0-27638500-1378089451_thumb.jpg

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Nice micros! You have a nice variety of shark, ray and fish species. Be very careful with searching matrix as it is very enjoyable, rewarding, stress relieving and very addictive.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

It was a pleasure to see that (ar)ray! It looks like a great assortment - to the victor the spoils.

Are you sorting under a 'scope?

It was also great to read that your daughter is participating in the finds. I think fossil adventures can be a wonderful activity for parents and kids.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Nice micros! You have a nice variety of shark, ray and fish species. Be very careful with searching matrix as it is very enjoyable, rewarding, stress relieving and very addictive.

Marco Sr.

Thanks Marco Sr. I have to agree it is a lot of fun. We have been stuck indoors most of this summer so it's nice to travel from the kitchen to Florida at a moments notice.

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

It was a pleasure to see that (ar)ray! It looks like a great assortment - to the victor the spoils.

Are you sorting under a 'scope?

It was also great to read that your daughter is participating in the finds. I think fossil adventures can be a wonderful activity for parents and kids.

Snolly. Thank you for conceding so graciously. We have been having a great time with this.

This Hawthorne matrix is extremely fossiliferous. My daughter uses her 14x internal Loupes and I have been using a hand held 7x. Don't know if I should tell you this but Mike threw in an educational scope with a detachable usb camera. We're going to re-search with the scope and get some cool pics soon.

I get vicarious pleasure from all that treasure. Thanks for sharing it with us. I feel much better about "losing" the auction knowing how much you and your daughter are enjoying the hunt together. Have a great adventure.

Mike

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Snolly. Thank you for conceding so graciously. We have been having a great time with this.

This Hawthorne matrix is extremely fossiliferous. My daughter uses her 14x internal Loupes and I have been using a hand held 7x. Don't know if I should tell you this but Mike threw in an educational scope with a detachable usb camera. We're going to re-search with the scope and get some cool pics soon.

BONUS 'SCOPE!!! CURSES ON THAT VILE HYPNO-RAY YOU SNEAKILY USED TO ASSURE VICTORY!!!

i HOPE YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER CONTINUE TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Ah yes the good ole Uranium PU 38 Space Modulator with the Hypno Ray attachment. :ninja: Unfortunately Bugs took it back. :D

Thanks Mike Lots of fun and distraction. ;)