Labor Day Paleocene Trip

busyeagle

Made a quick trip out to the paleocene of Maryland yesterday morning. HIghlights were some busted up ray plates and a paraorthacodus missing a couple of cusps.

post-12673-0-90523100-1378260330_thumb.jpg

post-12673-0-65919100-1378260780_thumb.jpg

If you are going to labor on Labor Day, it should be a labor of love.........like fossil collecting! Good job with good rewards.

Nice specimens. Paraorthacodus from Maryland rarely have all the cusps. Your tooth is a very nice find. It is always a worthwhile trip if you find one.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

If you are going to labor on Labor Day, it should be a labor of love.........like fossil collecting! Good job with good rewards.

Thanks fossilcrazy, I agree wholeheartedly with that sentiment. Although I can't say that my stroll on the beach was much in the way of labor in comparison with tedious hours of coal splitting...

Nice specimens. Paraorthacodus from Maryland rarely have all the cusps. Your tooth is a very nice find. It is always a worthwhile trip if you find one.

Marco Sr.

Thanks Marco - that Paraorthacodus is actually my first one, so I was pretty excited to find it. I was really hoping to find the rest of that bigger broken ray plate, but no such luck.

Did you see me on the other side of the river? I was the guy bent over. Great finds. Mine were similar-just replace your special tooth with an indian point and some croc teeth. Not trying to hi-jack the post, just found it neat that we were finding the same stuff on the same day in the same formation. Chris

post-3545-0-55266300-1378419323_thumb.jpg