Pending New Taxon

Uncle Siphuncle

"Mountain Hunter" would be a killer screen name under the circumstances!

(But we like danwoehr better :) )

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

WOW! That is AWESOME! A huge congratulations to you Dan! You put in alot of time searching, collecting, and writing about your excursions to share with your fellow collectors. You deserve every bit of recognition that comes from this. I think a nomination for member of the month is in order......Cangrats Dan keep up the great work!

Guest bmorefossil
If this thing passes muster the new taxon will be Acroleter woehri, Acro, mountain, leter, hunter in Greek (brief etymology lesson).

dan this is awsome, this might take you far, i really dont know what to say lol just wasome find man, i hope you find another.

[. I think a nomination for member of the month is in order......Cangrats Dan keep up the great work!

I second that :thumbsup:

[. I think a nomination for member of the month is in order......Cangrats Dan keep up the great work!

I second that :thumbsup:

He's been-there-done-that; how 'bout "Member of the Holocene"?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Way to go, Dan! That is an awesome specimen. I'm no sure if I am more fascinated with the skull or the insect material on the teeth. I agree that the early Permian stuff from the Dolese quarries in that area are fascinating and great to collect. It's a shame that a few bad apples can ruin the collecting for everyone else. I used to go to Richard's Spur with a friend that had access to the quarries every now and then. Then Dolese started shutting down access, and I finally gave up trying to go back. I never found anything rare or unusual, but I collected several Captorhinus jaws, Dimetrodon fragments, etc., but I had a blast finding the material.

Regards,

Mike

Guest Nicholas

I haven't yet commented on this.

Firstly I must say what an exceptional find you have there, not only that but the significance of it is truly a landmark. A huge kudos for the donating of it, although I am weary of donating fossils and probably could not do it myself, I'm glad to see that is actually being studied.

So, what is to be done with your new found fame?

i'm all in with the coolness of this and everything, but it still disturbs me that everyone keeps taking a biased perspective on this event. is there nobody out there besides me who keeps wondering why the perspective hasn't been that this is a case of finding cool insect fossils with a big weird lizard thing stuck on them? where are the paleoentomologists when you need them? i just don't think in their time of tragedy that the victims shouldn't be getting equal consideration.

i'm also feeling bad now that i've got this big hunk of dolese matrix in the garage that i've never done anything with, even though it's got little blue bones showing on the exterior. (in elmer fudd voice) i'm a baaaad, baaad twacer...

congrats, dan

Archived