Member Of The Month For October, 2013

Auspex

I hope everyone will forgive me, but I am going to deviate from the accustomed poll format, and select our Member of the Month for October, 2013 (this is how it was done for the first year of the award, so we're fashionably Retro this month).

Our honoree joined a year and a month ago, as new a newbie to fossils as they come, hit the ground running, and never looked back. She has been a passionate advocate for the hobby, the Forum, and for the great state of 'MinnesOta'. Her enthusiasm is as contagious as her gumption is authentic, and she can out-Heloise Heloise in testing everyday household things for their usefulness in collecting, preparing, storing, displaying, and even wearing fossils.

Bev, thank you! You've earned it, you betcha! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Bev - congratulations! You deserve this. When I saw the post and before I read it, I was thinking "I hope it's Bev". You're awesome.

~Lise MacFadden - Arkona, Ontario, Canada

Congratulations, Bev! :)

Well deserved, and well earned.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

I hope everyone will forgive me, but I am going to deviate from the accustomed poll format, and select our Member of the Month for October, 2013...

Bev, thank you! You've earned it, you betcha! :)

Is that Bev from up Brainerd way? The heck do ya mean? Okay! But are ya sure?

'Cause I mean, how do ya know? Do you do a count, or what kind of a routine do you have here?

All kidding aside, the Minnesotans will appreciate the fun Fargo reference in honor of our newest MOTM.

Congrats Bev and thanks for all of your great contributions! emo57.gif

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png

As expected our austere administer has used the judgement of a noble to pick an exceptional member.

Thanks Bev for your enlightening contributions. Am I anxiously awaiting your next post? You betcha. Hahs

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Bev way to go Elliot and I have learnt alot from your handy tips please keep devising more they are used alot in our house.

Regards,

Darren & Elliot.

p.s. Keep prompting me to bring my blog up to speed ill get there in the end.

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

WhaaaaHoooo!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You ALL!

I was beginning to think I was a gadfly on the site - too many experiments, questions and "What's this?" !

Yesterday was an awesome day for me because I "discovered" a new gastropod species (With your help!) I had not found before here. A common, but I had not run across it before. But WOW, to open up today and find this...!!!

You have no idea how much this new hobby and the TFF membership have meant to me over this last year. No way could I have learned as much as I have as fast as I have without YOU!

Thank you Auspex! You betcha I'm honored!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

I agree with Charles' decision and you have my sincere congratulations, Bev.

:1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Bev, when I opened this post I expected to see the usual list of nominations, hoped that you would be among them and intended to vote for you. Good result... without me even needing to vote! Congratulations and wear that badge with pride.

Roger

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

Congratulations Bev :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

No one in recent memory has jumped in head first with as much enthusiasm and verve as you Bev. Congrats, and keep it up. You're the pace-setter we can all try to catch up to.

No one in recent memory has jumped in head first with as much enthusiasm and verve as you Bev. Congrats, and keep it up. You're the pace-setter we can all try to catch up to.

Thank you so much BobWill and ALL of you! I think my problem is an insatiable curiosity! Just please be patient with me! :-D

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

Excellent choice........ definitely someone that has really caught the bug!!!!!!!!!!!

Bev, congratulations, an honor well deserved, your sharing and enthusiasm are a great contribution to what makes this forum!

Russ

Archived