Associated Fossils From Different Species Together

nala

Another really not usual sample :o Thanks for sharing Mitch! :)

my sample of Cordaites with post-2325-0-07104000-1384811150_thumb.jpgtiny gastropods on it from the Westphalian of Northern France

Edited by nala
  • I found this Informative 1

Another really not usual sample :o Thanks for sharing Mitch! :)

my sample of Cordaites with attachicon.gifIMG_2448.JPGtiny gastropods on it from the Westphalian of Northern France

The 'gastropods' are spirorbiform microconchids; very nice!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Some different Jurassic ammonites from the condensed Adnet Formation in Austria. The age of the ammonites is roughly upper Sinemurian to lower Pliensbachian. I am sorry, but I do not know all species by name. Right upon is Lytoceras sp. The two ca. 8-10 cm big ammonites near the bottom of the slab are Juraphyllites sp.

The big one is unknown to me. I know, I should do some research to ID it but there is less time for it because my big love are the Triassic grandfathers of them. :)

post-2660-0-57606500-1384969591_thumb.jpg

A Gitolampas echinoid with an adhered crab carapace Eriosachila, on a bed of bryozoan fragments, Santee Limestone, Eocene

post-22-0-91171100-1385083019_thumb.jpg

Edited by danwoehr

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Gery..... Just catching up a little on the forum....What a great thread and wow, some museum grade fossils... Stunning....

Getting back to the topic its always a great days hunting for me when I spot a Nautilus/ Ammonite combination... Heres a Lyme Regis Dorset and a North Somerset Coast Cenoceras/Coroniceras combinations...

post-1630-0-93206000-1385281076_thumb.jpg post-1630-0-31362300-1385281315_thumb.jpg

I did once enter a upper carboniferous fish scale / neuropteris frond siderite nodule for fossil of the month but I cant just seem to get an image up when I do a search.... I shall try a few discs to see if I still have one...

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Your job is always so magnificent !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Coco & Gery.... Thanks.... I still havent found my fern and fishscale photo....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

• 5 months later...

I meant to post this here a while ago.

Ammonite Canadoceras yokoyamai with rare moon snail Prisconatica hesperia, plus partial Sphenoceramus schmidti(?), from U-Cret Haslam Fm, Nanaimo.

I did not find them myself - this is one (two) of the things I received from a (now late) rockhound couple and only later realized they go together. Malcolm T prepped the ammo for me, the snail is as yet unprepped (but doesn't require much). I don't want to join them, as the snail is so rare, so they will be kept together but unglued.

post-4372-0-79520300-1399176451_thumb.jpg post-4372-0-32013700-1399176457_thumb.jpg post-4372-0-59914400-1399176446_thumb.jpg

For orientation: The 'BC' tag is in the aperture of the snail, and the spire (tip missing) is visible in the 3rd pic.

And to think I nearly traded away the ammo until I decided to investigate the similarity of the impression on the ammo side to the snail!

Edited by Wrangellian

• 2 weeks later...

from Normandy (France)

Have a look outside and inside...

Very nice! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Very nice marguy,from the black cows?

My new find from the Cenomanian of Charente Maritime a Orbitolina (foraminifère)and an Echinoid Goniopygus menardipost-2325-0-71167400-1400007472_thumb.jpg