Found A Calcaneum, 2" Not Sure What From

apmoore

Take a couple more photos showing the whole thing, not held in hand.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Take a couple more photos showing the whole thing, not held in hand.

Will do, these were the only two images small enough to upload, will re-size the others. Thank you!

Apmore, the pictures are very pixelated and reveal almost no detail at all. I have to say at this point that I see no evidence from the pictures that the object is even bone. If you can get better illuminated, clear photos, I might see something different, but at this point I just can't make anything out.

Rich

Edited by RichW9090

Apmore, the pictures are very pixelated and reveal almost no detail at all. I have to say at this point that I see no evidence from the pictures that the object is even bone. If you can get better illuminated, clear photos, I might see something different, but at this point I just can't make anything out.

Rich

I'm not sure what is causing the pixilation, when I view them on this post , they are clear. Are the first two clear, they are 2megs each. The others are 300k, which should show clear. I'll try a different file type. Appreciate the feedback, I'd like to get the picture issue solved so I make good posts.

Not everything works -- but I take photos in the sunshine around noon to eliminate shadows.

I also attempt both dark and light backgrounds

Depending on the fossil, one will come out clearer than the other.

I also used the vanilla Windows Picture editor "Compress option" to reduce the photo in size. The vast majority of photos I post are compressed to approximately 200-300 kb.

Edited by Shellseeker

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Bone1948Small.bmpBone1950Small.bmpBone1952Small.bmp

I'm not sure what is causing the pixilation, when I view them on this post , they are clear. Are the first two clear, they are 2megs each. The others are 300k, which should show clear. I'll try a different file type. Appreciate the feedback, I'd like to get the picture issue solved so I make good posts.

Here are some BMP's

Not sure what's up with those pictures, but they are still incredibly pixelated.