ahuijsmans

Hi All,

Well it's about time I post something from Holland and no... it's not sharkteeth :):P

Here are some of the possible footprints one can find in the classic Winterswijk locality covering the Anisien Triassic period. Although it's called muschelkalk it really is not.. not in the sense of the muschelkalk we have in Germany..

They are Procolophonichnium haarmuehlensis, a small trackway with tens of footprints from a tiny creature... reptile?

Second is a larger Rynchosauriodes Paebodyi. Trackways from this reptile are very rare and due to the creatures size... impossible to bring home :)

I have more at home.. will post if you like em

post-4477-0-17530800-1383906409_thumb.jpg

post-4477-0-38256600-1383906426_thumb.jpg

Wonderful! I love tracks, and I love anything terrestrial Triassic :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Interesting! I have a (Cret.) ichnofossil site near me, some or all of it nearshore, but I wish I could find some vert tracks (all invert types so far)

Thanks for sharing. Triassic prints are rare. Not all that much terrestrial Triassic exposure compared to other Mesozoic times.

Across the Atlantic in Nova Scotia is a small town called Parrsboro on the Bay of Fundy. It's the only place I've seen Triassic tracks.

Thanks for sharing. Triassic prints are rare. Not all that much terrestrial Triassic exposure compared to other Mesozoic times.

Across the Atlantic in Nova Scotia is a small town called Parrsboro on the Bay of Fundy. It's the only place I've seen Triassic tracks.

They're really abundant in my quarry.... some three or four different kind of species.... If you know where to look.. it's almost impossible not to find tracks :D

Archived