One Heck Of A Xmas Surprize! Wow!

RJB

When my wife and I were in Australia and NZ, we found and boxed up 3 boxes of sea shells we found on many different beaches and mailed them back home. My wife said she would wait till xmas to open and go through them. I have to say it was a lot of fun going through those and remembering where we found them, who found what, and what nice beaches they were. Cant wait to go back! Anyone have an extra $6000 bucks they can throw my way? Ha!!! Anyways, whilst going through the all the wrapped up shells, the misses came across a very heavy one and knew instantly and exactly what it was and handed it to me and said, "merry xmas". When I opened it, I realized it was a crab concretion that the crab collector fellow in New Zaland had given my wife while I was going through his fossil drawers. Apon closer inspection, I realized it was a crab with all 8 legs, (not to the tips though) and both claws!!! I was flabbergasted!!! These Trichopectarion crabs are exstreamly hard to find with anything more than a carapace, and here is an almost complete one!! Wow!! Santa does exist!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!

RB

post-171-1230315884_thumb.jpg

post-171-1230315946_thumb.jpg

wow RJB that is a really nice crab, merry christmas!!!

Thank you very much sir, and right back at ya with a big CONGRATS for winning the memeber of the month.

RB

Guest bmorefossil
Thank you very much sir, and right back at ya with a big CONGRATS for winning the memeber of the month.

RB

lol thanks i didnt even know i had won, guess i should get the speech ready

Guest Nicholas
lol thanks i didnt even know i had won, guess i should get the speech ready

Wait a minute, he has to wrestle me for it first. I still have a few days ya know, :P

Guest bmorefossil
Wait a minute, he has to wrestle me for it first. I still have a few days ya know, :P

calm down fool i said i would get my speech ready not make my speech lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Nicholas
calm down fool i said i would get my speech ready not make my speech lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's more like it! :P

Rather than Hijack this thread any longer:

RJB: I'm glad you've been able to bring back so many tangible memories back with you, when will you be planning another trip there?

Guest bmorefossil

RJB: I'm glad you've been able to bring back so many tangible memories back with you, when will you be planning another trip there?

i would guess when they get the $6000 to use to get there.

Looks like you two may need to put on the gloves? Can I watch? Ha!! And yeah, like bmorefossil said, just need another 6 grand.

RB

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I still cant believe it! Never in my wildest dreams did I EVER think I would have an almost complete trichopectarion!!! Im going to the west coast sometime in late spring to go get more crab concretions, but think I will be thinking about this one the whole time? Sometimes I think I need to start puting my fossil collecting interest elsewhere, but cant seem to leave the crabs. Oh well,, I can live with that.

RB

RB! west coast! fossil hunting! crab conc's! need a fossil hunting buddy?

Yes, that would be great, but im flying over, buying a new truck, (new to me), then visiting with family for a few days, then after all that, im working my way up norht from San Jose all the way up to Neah Bay Washington where my dad lives, then back to Montnana, unload my new truck, (new to me), then repack with camping gear and go to bonediggers house up in canada.

RB

aw shucks! guess that won't work then! Maybe take some crabs for that bone digger guy though, he seems like a nice fella and there ain't a crab to be found up in Alberta!

aw shucks! guess that won't work then! Maybe take some crabs for that bone digger guy though, he seems like a nice fella and there ain't a crab to be found up in Alberta!

Yeah, he seems like a nice guy, but ive heard stories that I cannot repeat here!!! Ha!!! Ok, just kidding. You dont need crabs up there with all that cool dino stuff!!!

RB

Archived