North Carolina Fossil Club Fossil Fair

MakoMeCrazy

I went to the Museum of Natural Science in Raleigh, NC yesterday. The NCFC was hosting their annual fossil fair and got to see some of the fossils people have found.

I met up with Fossil Foilist and while I was there I ran into LeeCreek2thHuntr, Al Dente and a few other members of which I cannot remember the names of (sorry guys!)

I took a video of some of the displays there. LeeCreek2thHuntr has one heck of a display! Enjoy!

I enjoyed meeting you and several other Fossil Forum members that stopped by to talk with me. Its nice to connect names with faces and see some of their fossils.

I enjoyed meeting you and several other Fossil Forum members that stopped by to talk with me. Its nice to connect names with faces and see some of their fossils.

Nice. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully some of you all can make it to the fossil show here in February!

Nice job! Enjoyed the video and your effort to share.

Great video! Thank you for sharing.

Marco Sr.

Thanks guys, it was a great event filled with many nice collections. I hope you all get the opportunity to head up there some day.

It was great meeting you guys! Thanks for posting the video Brian... Hopefully we can meet up again sometime soon!

It was great meeting you guys! Thanks for posting the video Brian... Hopefully we can meet up again sometime soon!

It was awesome to meet such a cool dude who lives so close to me. I had no idea we lived that close! It will be awesome to get Zach, Skylar, you and me together so that we can hunt. You have an amazing collection I would love to see more of it!

It was awesome to meet such a cool dude who lives so close to me. I had no idea we lived that close! It will be awesome to get Zach, Skylar, you and me together so that we can hunt. You have an amazing collection I would love to see more of it!

Yeah.. can't wait to actually go hunt! You're free to come see more of it whenever you want!

Thank you MakoMeCrazy,

You've brought the fossil show to my living room (otherwise, I would have missed it). Thanks again, I hope to get down there for that event one year.

-HZJ

Thanks for sharing Brian.Some of those Makos were HUGE!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Thanks for posting the video. I'm wondering about that larger sawfish rostral spine in the upper right corner of the mount at 1:08 into the video. That looks like something unusual.

I went to the Museum of Natural Science in Raleigh, NC yesterday. The NCFC was hosting their annual fossil fair and got to see some of the fossils people have found.

I met up with Fossil Foilist and while I was there I ran into LeeCreek2thHuntr, Al Dente and a few other members of which I cannot remember the names of (sorry guys!)

I took a video of some of the displays there. LeeCreek2thHuntr has one heck of a display! Enjoy!

I think the root of that I. mira rostral spine is a little eroded or just obscured due to the angle. But its a big sucker for sure! The "pliosaur" teeth below it are probably Xiphactinus vetus, however.

Thanks for posting the video. I'm wondering about that larger sawfish rostral spine in the upper right corner of the mount at 1:08 into the video. That looks like something unusual.

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Archived