Seed In Amber? Or Something Else?

NZ_Fossil_Collecta

is this a seed in amber, or something else? it is in the same piece as the unidentified insect i posted somewhere else in this forum.

here is a picture:

post-13660-0-38049400-1385429517_thumb.jpg

I'm CRAZY about amber fossils and just as CRAZY in general.

Just a guess, given we don't know the age or origin of your piece.

It's a flower, acacia in Dominican amber. Maybe.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

It might actually be an oak flower. I know that for one type of amber this is what is one of the things that is looked for when authenticating the amber.

sorry, forgot to include age. 30 million years old, not identified whether dominican or baltic.

If 30 million is the age given, that puts it more in line with the established age of Dominican material.

If I purchase a fossil, I insist on as much descriptive info. as I can get. I think this makes for a much more meaningful collection and I learn a lot more.

I'm pretty sure your inclusion is a flower. It is an attractive piece and I enjoyed seeing your photo. It's really hard to photograph inclusions and your image gave a relatively clear view of the object.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I posted some pictures of baltic amber a good while back which I study sometimes and I had one section that had seeds in it but I can`t remember if I posted that picture to this forum, but it is a good example of seeds in amber such as for this topic.

I`ll try to find it again.

Rodney,

If 30 million is the age given, that puts it more in line with the established age of Dominican material.If I purchase a fossil, I insist on as much descriptive info. as I can get. I think this makes for a much more meaningful collection and I learn a lot more.I'm pretty sure your inclusion is a flower. It is an attractive piece and I enjoyed seeing your photo. It's really hard to photograph inclusions and your image gave a relatively clear view of the object.

It was bound to have the info on the label but it was all in Japanese. All I manger to decipher was the age. I probably would not have got this picture but I was lucky enough to visit the university my aunts works at, there were ultra powerful microscopes there that had thier cameras linked to a computer screen so that is why I have these amazing photos. We had to play around with the ambience setting to get the pictures better detail.

Just a guess, given we don't know the age or origin of your piece.It's a flower, acacia in Dominican amber. Maybe.

Size of amber piece: two or three times smaller than your thumb nail.

sorry guys, i just found out. fern hair.