The Opportunity Of A Lifetime To Own Dinos

tracer

well, actually i'm not sure, but i found something a while back online that's been driving me crazy every since. apparently, the como bluff property is for sale. dino bone house and all.

i would be on this deal like a duck on a junebug except for two things. first, there's no way my family would move there. secondly, during the winter there, i would freeze and break into little pieces like on a cartoon.

but i want it. i really do.

second listing down

Tracer,

You buy the Fossil Cabin, 160 acres, and the house; I will buy listing number one on the page (mobile home) and move to your newly acquired property...deal?

Wish I had the money..I would make it my

home in the summer... Enough to make me want

to print my own...

Welcome to the forum!

Tracer,

You buy the Fossil Cabin, 160 acres, and the house; I will buy listing number one on the page (mobile home) and move to your newly acquired property...deal?

oh, come on, a haizahnjaeger would suffocate that far from haifisch zaehne. tj would probably rather move to summerville than medicine bow...

oh, come on, a haizahnjaeger would suffocate that far from haifisch zaehne. tj would probably rather move to summerville than medicine bow...

Das ist richtig! (a.k.a. That's right!) :D

The Fossil Forum Club House!

If I closed the shop and liquidated the inventory, I could buy the place and get myself there. I wonder what the employment opportunities are in the community? (I wonder if there's even internet access?)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey tracer. Wow!! How can a guy find more information on that? Sounds very very interesting.

RB

Hey RB, make the land owner an offer for a 10 year lease and a % of the sales. Thats the way most of it is done.

Dino sales are down though, just like everything else in this economy.

Digging Dino's is not the problem. Turning a 6 to 7 figure specimen in todays environment is.

Many land owners today think they deserve a to make a Million up front, just because they have stuff on their property.

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Hey tracer. Wow!! How can a guy find more information on that? Sounds very very interesting.

RB

the owner's contact info was at the bottom of the listing.

hey this is cool. i used to dig at a quarry just outside of medicine bow. i know almost all the prominant figures of the town. lets see, there is tony that owns the gas station( the only one in town) her son and daughter work there. then there is Scotty, an older red haired gentleman that owns the Virginian, a hotel and restraunt. Also the only one in town. a famouse book and movie were written about it also. the is a motel on the corner but it looks scary, then there are three bars. oh yeah and the hippy guy that drive the old dodge van and runs the antique store that is almost never open. the only other place is the post office and the lady that works there drives in from rock river. that about does it.

important facts to remember about Medicine Bow.

very very windy always. no kidding.

10 + feet of snow in the winter. but don't worry the wind makes mountanous drifts that close the roads.

the water is so radioactive the federal government threatened to cap all the wells. ( and this is the same water i had been drinking for 3 summers at the quarry)

the property for sale doesn't even expose morrison, so there goes that idea, snarge! the dinosaur strata is 10 miles north or south but not right there.

the dino bone cabin is great, but i have never been inside. it is a play off the old Bone Cabin Quarry where the american museum dug in the late 1800's. there was an old cabin made almost entirely out of bone near the quarry to the north.

the price is pretty high for the area i think. it is worthless property, really. but if you want o own a piece of history it is a great deal.

well enough from me

Brock

Wow ! Thats misleading. I know I want to spend that much to dig in the dirt for nothing.

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

It appears thet there are fossils on the property (just not dinos).

From a link in the listing:

"Today the Fossil Cabin Museum still houses a collection of dinosaur bones, petrified sealife and many other curios of interest to rockhounds and dinophiles. The buildings sit on the back of a ridge, which is encrusted with shark's teeth, petrified clams and other unusual fossils. Permission from the owner, Jody Fultz, is required to enter the nearby private property to do any fossil prospecting in the area. No facilities are available at the site."

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

i mean, this is some historical stuff. sounds like they were as competitive back then as we are now. dynamitin' bone digs to keep the competition from gettin' at 'em seems a bit extreme.

bone wars

sure seems difficult to get out and find studlysaurus teeth. seems hematitic (tired of sayin' "ironic") that they's always found in badlands.

ole brock done saved me prolly from hockin' the wife's gold crowns and headin' for parts unknown. sounds kinda like that coulda got ugly whenst we got up there and found out it warn't shangri la and din't have any dinos to dig either.

Thats all I need to know. Thanks Brock

RB

hey this is cool. i used to dig at a quarry just outside of medicine bow. i know almost all the prominant figures of the town. lets see, there is tony that owns the gas station( the only one in town) her son and daughter work there. then there is Scotty, an older red haired gentleman that owns the Virginian, a hotel and restraunt. Also the only one in town. a famouse book and movie were written about it also. the is a motel on the corner but it looks scary, then there are three bars. oh yeah and the hippy guy that drive the old dodge van and runs the antique store that is almost never open. the only other place is the post office and the lady that works there drives in from rock river. that about does it.

important facts to remember about Medicine Bow.

very very windy always. no kidding.

10 + feet of snow in the winter. but don't worry the wind makes mountanous drifts that close the roads.

the water is so radioactive the federal government threatened to cap all the wells. ( and this is the same water i had been drinking for 3 summers at the quarry)

the property for sale doesn't even expose morrison, so there goes that idea, snarge! the dinosaur strata is 10 miles north or south but not right there.

the dino bone cabin is great, but i have never been inside. it is a play off the old Bone Cabin Quarry where the american museum dug in the late 1800's. there was an old cabin made almost entirely out of bone near the quarry to the north.

the price is pretty high for the area i think. it is worthless property, really. but if you want o own a piece of history it is a great deal.

well enough from me

Brock