In Situ Part 2 From Summerville, Sc

kkborch

Everyone seems to enjoy the In Situ pics (including myself) so I have been taking some recently. Most of the pictures were taken the day after a heavy rain in Summerville last week. The rain really helped wash out new teeth and move some of the foliage around, uncovering teeth that had already been washed out. I really enjoy these because the material and colors vary in different areas and different creeks.

01-2.jpg

02-2.jpg

03-2.jpg

Hemi AND Vertebrae

04-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

There's actually more than one in this pic

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Meg fragment

12.jpg

Big Tooth

AngysBefore.jpg

Angustidens

AngysBefore02.jpg

The two previous teeth. They are both heart breakers!

AngysAfter.jpg

My best find! It was so hard to take a picture before I picked it up. I was so excited I didn't even bother making sure I had a good picture, hence, my finger.

BigAngyBefore.jpg

The Angustidens from the previous picture. 2.5"

BigAngyAfter.jpg

14.jpg

Two together

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

Another two together

18.jpg

19.jpg

Nice! Plan to make a trip down there real soon!

one day i will find a tooth over 3 inches in good conditon haha.

Nice pics and video, thanks!

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Great hunt, like the situ pix and the video. Had the pleasure of hunting different areas in Summerville with my son and friends that live there, when he was stationed in Augusta. The teeth have fantastic colors and preservation, just a fantastic area to hunt. Question---The video at 1.03 where there was a waterfall and two broken limbs, there is a brown leaf, directly to the top right, appears to be a greyish sand tiger. This area you picked up a broken whitish Angy. I know hunting where there is leaves and pine needles some of natures materials play tricks on the eye, let me know what you think. Hunting creeks when they get covered in leaves is difficult at best, you always wonder what you missed, looks like you had some good rains the way the water is flowing. Thanks for posting, very interesting----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Nice! Plan to make a trip down there real soon!

Zach, I've spoken to Brain and he said you two were going to try and come down one day. Just let me know when and I'll show you two around.

Great hunt, like the situ pix and the video. Had the pleasure of hunting different areas in Summerville with my son and friends that live there, when he was stationed in Augusta. The teeth have fantastic colors and preservation, just a fantastic area to hunt. Question---The video at 1.03 where there was a waterfall and two broken limbs, there is a brown leaf, directly to the top right, appears to be a greyish sand tiger. This area you picked up a broken whitish Angy. I know hunting where there is leaves and pine needles some of natures materials play tricks on the eye, let me know what you think. Hunting creeks when they get covered in leaves is difficult at best, you always wonder what you missed, looks like you had some good rains the way the water is flowing. Thanks for posting, very interesting----Tom

Thank you! I see what you're talking about with the tooth. Looks like it could be a sand tiger or lower hemipristis. Maybe it is still there! lol. That area had a lot of foliage on the banks where the teeth were washing out the formation. I spent almost 2 hours there and I still feel like I rushed through it to get to the other two locations I hunted that day. I need to get back there and pick through the leaves and see whats under them. Glad you enjoyed the video and pics!

Very nice pics,thanks for sharing.One day I need to hunt the Carolinas.

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Whoa. I just watched the video. What great teeth! Just falling out of the sides of the creek. Hunting Summerville just made my bucket list.

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Awesome! I enjoyed the insitu pic's and video! Thanks for sharing! I have got to get down to Summerville sometime. I keep thinking I will and just do not make the time. I better plan a trip. :)

Libby

Process of identification "mistakes create wisdom".

ARGH! I hate that I cannot view pics and vids here at work~!!!!!! you'd think they want me to work! lol Don't they understand my addition to old dead things!?!

Hey speaking of old dead things, did you know that here at the Savannah/Hilton Head Int. Airport, there are two grave markers embedded in the runway? It's true, go to google mapps and enter in these coordiantes, 32.128835,-81.206889, also google savannah airport graves and you can read the whole story but these are on the main runway (10) at the airport and don't worry, they are on the skirt so the planes don't actually run the grave markers over.

Back to this post, I will have to view the pics and vid when I get home.

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

I think they see a Hemi behind the vert. in pix #4 me also----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

Hey kkborch. Wow! Great pics and video! I'm from Pawleys and plan on taking a trip to Summerville very soon. I know you don't want to give away your Honey Holes. But, do you have any advice for a newbie as to where in Summerville to look? Is the Canal any good? I'm definitely a novice, but have the fever after finding some beauties on the beach this fall. Thanks!

Archived