My Son Helping Me Sort Some Micro's

rejd

I brought home some of the larger screened micro's from Tyrrell so I could sort at home. It is is from an area in Saskatchewan known as Pine Cree. It is paleocene in age. I am finding fish scales, verts, teeth and skull elements. Salamander verts. Lizard jaws. Mammal teeth and bones. Champsosaur teeth and verts and some yet unidentified fragments. It is easily picked using a magnifying lamp. My son wanted to help so I had him do some sorting. He did pretty good for his first time.

post-6472-0-43301500-1386624033_thumb.jpg

Edited by rejd

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

It's neat that your son wanted to search for and pick micros. Are you going to post pictures of some of the specimens? I have a Paleontologist friend who would be really interested in the small reptile specimens especially the Salamander and lizard specimens.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

it's a blast when a son or daughter takes an active interest in our favorite pastimes... be careful not to burn him out.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Thanks all, it really is fun to have him interested. I will take some photos and post some in a bit.

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com