Planko

San Antonio, Tx

Planko

I am up for it. :)

foldingorbits

Okay.

foldingorbits

hello all. I had an idea to set up a facebook page for our group.. i imagine pictures and group trips.. what does everyone think? I purposely left everything blank untill we all talk. https://www.facebook.com/HillCountryFossilClub

foldingorbits

Bad idea.. I like this forum anyway. :)

Planko

Sounded good. I do not Facebook. To quote Helen "Mama" Boucher; "Face book is the DEVIL!!" lol

foldingorbits

True. My dad calls it a slap in the face.

JamieLynn

I like it. I use Facebook a lot. But I do think that FF members tend to not be much for Facebook. I tried to join the FF facebook page almost three months ago and still have not been accepted....I don't think anyone admins it! haha!

TyrannosaurusRex

How many days will it be? I might be able to come

Planko

Looks like just the one for now. January 26th.

Kind of a meet n' greet too.

JamieLynn

okay ya'll, so here's the idea for our January 26th hunt so far. Meet in Bandera in the morning- either at the Dairy Queen (421 Hwy 16 )or at the Bandera County Library at 515 Main Street. Where would ya'll prefer? DQ or Library? And what time? It'll take me about an hour and a half to get there and frankly, I don't like getting up too early! So 9:30? 10am? There are two spots that I have heard about but not been to personally, but I know where they are. Also, we have access to Medina Lake at a friend's house. Let me know where ya'll want to meet and what time and then I'll post it as an open invitation in the Fossil Hunting topics.

After we do our fossiking, we'd like to have a gathering to talk about the formation of the Hill Country Fossil Club. and eat. Preferably something greasy like french fries. :)

Edited by JamieLynn

foldingorbits

Im in.

TyrannosaurusRex

Sids BBQ is pretty good. So is bricks cafe and old Spanish trail. What kind of fossils do y'all hope to find? There are a lot of worm fossils and gastropods. MAYBE an occasional ammonite. Also clams, oysters, microscopic stuff, also some crystallized gastropods.

JamieLynn

ammonites and urchins are my favorite....crystalized gastropods sounds very very cool! Are you going to get to join us T Rex?

TyrannosaurusRex

Umm well very possibly. But not positive yet. I hunt fossils down there pretty often and find stuff every time. Mostly gastropods and shells.

RyanNREMTP

Those that can't make it or want another trip, I'm planning on hitting the Mineral Wells area on March 15th. I started a thread in Fossil Trips.

Technologicaldreamer

Cant believe I missed this!!Are yall planning a redo?

Piedras_de_Tejas

Hello fellow Texans! any chance the plans for a hill country fossil club have come to fruition? Im a new member to the forums from San Antonio and although I have been fossil hunting all around, my best finds have all come from unplanned trips and im in need of some new territory. I have a particular interest in echinoids and ammonites if y'all would like to plan a trip somewhere.

-Cameron

sfajohn

Hey everyone, I'm new on here from San Antonio as well. If this group is still going I'd love to be apart of it!

-John