Mini-Kit

RyanNREMTP

Does anyone here carry a mini-kit or just a small collecting bag? When I'm at work I can be almost anywhere in McLennan County. A few places that I'm at has the potential for me to collect some fossils. I've put together a small fanny pack that has some basic stuff in it.

I have:

a camera (probably won't use since my phone is better and it GPS tags any picture taken)

a small folding shovel

a small pry bar

a bubble wrapped envelope

magnifying glass

dental picks

notepad

pen

and a few other tools.

I need to keep the bag small and light but any other suggestions. Mainly I won't be doing any digging, I won't have time for that at work. It will be just wondering around and looking for stuff on the surface.

That's a lot of stuff for a "fanny pack"!!! Hey, is the bubble padded envelope to send us your best finds? Have fun out there.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Actually it's left over from Herb sending me some fossils. All the stuff is small stuff. The pry bar is only six inches and the shovel is the same size.

My wife got me a book yesterday for my birthday yesterday to add to the kit. It's the National Audubon Society field guide to fossils. Good book but nothing about rudists in it other than a small paragraph.