Pennsylvanian Micros From Texas

PA Fossil Finder

Because I now have a semi-reliable and decent microfossil photographing system, I will post on the micros I have that I collected a while ago. These are from the Pennsylvanian, and were collected in Brownwood, Texas. Though it doesn't show up in the pictures the fossils are a pinkish-brown color. Most of the material was made up of three different fossils: fusulinids, bryozoan colonies, and crinoid stems. There were a few broken brachiopod shells in it as well.

Here are the fusulinids:

post-10984-0-57782000-1387662792_thumb.jpg

Here are the bryozoans:

post-10984-0-11727300-1387662783_thumb.jpg

And last are the crinoids:

post-10984-0-70018000-1387662763_thumb.jpg

The material was so fossiliferous that in a small bag, I have already found at least two tablespoons of each of these three micros. I haven't even finished going through the bag yet.

Oh, and another interesting non-fossil find was a few prickly pear cactus seeds! I don't know why they were in there, but I thought that that was kind of funny.

post-10984-0-04927700-1387662886_thumb.jpg

post-10984-0-24264800-1387662894_thumb.jpg

post-10984-0-02759500-1387662900_thumb.jpg

Edited by PA Fossil Finder

Stephen

Nice! Odd about the other posts pix though.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

It is weird how your other pictures are now attached to this post versus your other post from Jeff's Creek.

Marco Sr.

I know! I don't know why that happened. It is really annoying :angry: . I deleted them off of this post, then they were gone off the other one. So I put them back on, and then the pictures from this post were on there and not here! :wacko:

Stephen

I know! I don't know why that happened. It is really annoying :angry: . I deleted them off of this post, then they were gone off the other one. So I put them back on, and then the pictures from this post were on there and not here! :wacko:

I'd like to know how that happened!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'd like to know how that happened!

Ah! An admin! Well, I wrote this post and attached the pictures like I normally do. I clicked the POST button, and then I was done with it. Then I started writing the other post about the Englewood FL fossils and I attached the photos. When I had posted that, I went back to see my other post (this one). I scrolled down, and there were shark teeth at the bottom! I tried deleting the shark tooth photos off of this post. So then I checked my shark tooth post to see if anything weird was happening over there. There were Pennsylvanian fusulinids, but no shark teeth! AAHHH!!!! I deleted the fusulinid pictures off of that post, and added my shark tooth pics. Then I went back to this post. The shark teeth were back, but the fusulinids and bryozoans and crinoids were nowhere to be found! I ended up deleting pictures and re-posting photos like ten times. Eventually, I just gave up.

Stephen

I can think of only two possibilities...

The first is that your browser's cache hasn't been cleared for a while, and it is choking.

The second is that one of the three steps in attaching the images (LINK) was left out, and they somehow mirrored (again, a choked cache could cause this).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

My cache is probably choking... I haven't cleared it since...? I don't even know! I'll clear it out right now, but then how would I fix the problems it already made?

Stephen

What problem is that?

Are they still? I thought you deleted them. Can you give me a link to the topic(s)?

This is one of the topics, and is supposed to have the fusulinids, bryozoans, and crinoids. The other topic is here and is supposed to have the shark teeth, ray barb, and whale shark tooth pictures.

Stephen

I have removed the interlopers from this topic; you should be able to post the other images in the other.

Well, I posted the images in the other, but it said that I had added the Pennsylvanian micros as attachments. So I deleted them from that post, and they're gone from this one!

Stephen

This is absolutely bizarre! There is no normal circumstance that I can think of that would cross-link photos and topics, as each topic is essentially a separate web page...

Are you attaching from an image folder on your computer, or from a gallery here on the Forum? Have you cleaned up your cache?

I cleaned the cache. I am attaching them directly off of an SD card. Maybe I should save them on this computer first?

Stephen

I cleaned the cache. I am attaching them directly off of an SD card. Maybe I should save them on this computer first?

Worth a try; I am mystified.

Very cool micros! For both posts. (I'm seeing the photos from both posts on this one, except for the gar scales in the other post's comments. Those are where they should be.)