Microfossils From Englewood, Florida

PA Fossil Finder

Recently I traded with another forum member, jcbshark. In exchange for my fossils he sent some gravel from his local river. This river is rich in cookie cutter shark teeth, which I am pretty sure are rare in most places. Anyway, I searched the material and found a lot of nice shark and fish teeth, including four complete cookie cutters and two crowns. I also found what looks like a piece of a ray barb.

I hope you like these pictures, 'cause I had to take like a million to get these ones. at least you can see these! most of them ended up looking either like tiny smudge on the camera lens, or just solid black. Don't know why it does that. Anyway, here are the best ones.

Cookie cutter shark teeth:

post-10984-0-04927700-1387662886_thumb.jpg

I love that red and blue striped crown on the bottom.

Ray barb:

post-10984-0-02759500-1387662900_thumb.jpg

Whale shark tooth?

post-10984-0-24264800-1387662894_thumb.jpg

This one was especially hard to photograph, as it is more 3D and isn't flat like most shark teeth.

More pictures later!

(EDIT: The pictures are being ridiculous... To view these three, you will have to check my other post.)

Edited by PA Fossil Finder

Stephen

Thats weird. Every time I put pictures on this post, they get attached to the other post I just made. And then when I delete the pictures on that post, they're gone on this one!

Stephen

Nice!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Sorry you are having such a hard time with pics but I am glad you found some nice cookie cutters : )

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!