eaglephot

Here is my recent display change. I was going for a "museum" look. Unfortunately with this display, I can only show the main pieces until I figure out a way to display everything else and have it all still match with what I have set up now. Until then, they are tucked away in their cabinets! :)

post-3146-0-79305500-1388801741_thumb.jpg

post-3146-0-05241400-1388801892_thumb.jpg

Wow, beautifully done. Congrats!

Thanks guys! Hey redj, what are those teeth in your profile picture?

Thanks guys! Hey redj, what are those teeth in your profile picture?

They are both Albertosaurus teeth found near Toleman Bridge in Alberta. The larger one is 3.25" long.

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

Did you build the cabinets yourself?

I wish I were that handy! They are from IKEA. P.S. Did you do the cleaning yourself on those Albertosaurus teeth? They look fantastic!

the jaw is so cool!!!!!!!!

It is my favorite piece. :) Mainly because of this side view:

post-3146-0-05671700-1297817253_thumb.jpg
7" rooted tooth with a replacement tooth ready to come in.

Great displays! I really like the lighting and the ferns you added to the egg nest display, nice touch

Very nice. If you trying to obtain that museum look you are there. Now just admission for people to see it.

Very nice; I like the way you incorporated the plants next to some of the specimens - looks like a museum display!

I wish I were that handy! They are from IKEA. P.S. Did you do the cleaning yourself on those Albertosaurus teeth? They look fantastic!

Thanks but no cleaning done. This is exactly how they were found!

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

Archived