Snow White Bone Valley Megalodon Tooth?

AJ Plai

I was told this is a Bone Valley Meg tooth but upon closer examination, there seem to be a remain of a side cusp which I am not sure if Megs are supposed to have those or not. Plus, the shape of the tooth looks a little different than the other Megs that I have, but that just might be my imagination.

Also, I am not familiar with all-white Meg tooth from Bone Valley so I am not sure is this a common find or not?

Well, It's still a nicely colored tooth that I will happily enjoy regardless.

Anyhow here is the picture, any confirmation or info would be appreciated:

post-10857-0-61505400-1389199914_thumb.png

AJ, I don't think that is a cusp, but rather a missing serration giving it the appearance that there is a cusp on the one side. I have seen some all-white Meg teeth from Bone Valley and they look similar to your tooth. I think all-white is not very common for Bone Valley teeth, so you have a nice tooth there.

Daryl.

You have a nice white meg with very strong lilkelyhood of having come from Bone Valley. Here is another white meg from BV for comparison.

post-294-0-61219800-1389203115_thumb.jpg

Agree with others. Also would point out the root preservation from the bone valley megs tends to make them easier to spot as they tend to look white to cream colored and are pitted like concrete mixed with sand with few fractures vs other locations like SC, NC, VA where the roots tend dark/black or or brown in color and tend to be smoother surface but fractured.

Nice looking tooth, I cannot add to what othe others have said but I will say this; You can find white teeth, they seem rare when it comes to follsil teeth but I have one in my collection and it is a solid white angustidens tooth from South Carolina (Ridgeville area).

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Nice looking tooth, I cannot add to what othe others have said but I will say this; You can find white teeth, they seem rare when it comes to follsil teeth but I have one in my collection and it is a solid white angustidens tooth from South Carolina (Ridgeville area).

I agree and also have a white angy from same SC location.

Some very lovely teeth in this thread. I wish I had a white meg tooth, just so I could see how many people would think it's modern. :P

Congratz. Very nice Meg tooth.

Also, you should know that their is no tooth with one cusp. It is just a missing part from your tooth so no need to worry :)

I know this is a bad picture of it but it is the only one I can locate at the moment.

post-1282-0-23034500-1389263087_thumb.jpg

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

Check out this thread --

There are Megs that have vestigial cusps. and they are not Chubs,

So you theoretically get a White bone valley Meg with cusps.

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/36612-large-shark-teeth/

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Great tooth AJ! I put an offer on ebay for it myself. I was wondering who bought it.

Thx, it's a beauty for sure :)

Haha, I think I probably must have been bidding with and against many friends and fellow collectors here. I have had a friend of mine snatched a very cool specimen I had an eye on from eBay and a few months later only to find that very piece proudly displayed in his collection LOL

It's a small world for fossil collectors for sure. ;)

Archived