Hear Ye, Hear Ye. Upcoming Texas Trip.

RyanNREMTP

Hey guys, I'm planning on a field trip to the Mineral Wells Fossil Park and then hit Lake Jacksboro all in one trip. I'm planning on March 15th (a Saturday). The Mineral Wells Park opens at 8am if I recall. They have a website for more information. I would really like to meet some folks there and have a good time. This is a tentative that is dependent on the weather.

So who is all in?

Fossils-Beware the Ides of March!!

Wish I could come down, but it's a little too far.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to make it up that way. Still yet to have met anyone from TFF, I am putting in for a vacation day right now..... :)

Kathy

The Paleontological Society of Austin was at Jacksboro Saturday. It was great weather and the collecting was mighty fine. brought home some nice stuff. But the other good news is we were a small group that day, barely more than a half dozen, so we didn't even come close to hitting it hard. I even found some great fossils amongst the footprints of the last folks who were there before us. have fun!

The Paleontological Society of Austin was at Jacksboro Saturday. It was great weather and the collecting was mighty fine. brought home some nice stuff. But the other good news is we were a small group that day, barely more than a half dozen, so we didn't even come close to hitting it hard. I even found some great fossils amongst the footprints of the last folks who were there before us. have fun!

Some of those footprints probably belonged to me and Gary. Jax on a bad day beats most sites on a good day.

• 3 weeks later...

We are in the midst of possibly planning a trip to Texas - never have been! We think we may fly out of Toronto Ontario Canada on Friday March 14th to Houston. We thought we may stay near Galvenston, which I see on a map is not near Mineral Wells. Any suggestions for fossil hunting or fossil buying in the Houston/Galvenston area? Any information would be appreciated.

My suggestion is start another thread on your question. That way it will be seen a fresh by others. As for your question no clue. I don't know that area that well.

My suggestion is start another thread on your question. That way it will be seen a fresh by others. As for your question no clue. I don't know that area that well.

Whiskey Bridge, near Bryan/College Station. Less than 2 hours from Houston. Search the site for Whiskey Bridge. The Waco Research pit is a bit further, and you need a permit and there are some restrictions. Whiskey Bridge is your best bet.

I'm in but might just meet up at Jacksboro.. Looking forward to hunting with you all! :)

It's on my calendar..

Welcome to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...