Using The 'mark One Eyeball' To Study Nature In Close-Up!

mikecable

Thanks for the link. Now if only I could get my eyeball to take a snapshot I could share. Though I guess that's what poets are for.

• I found this Informative 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Thank you MikeCable for sharing that wonderful article:) I remember for awhile I was going to collect trilobite replicas. I figured, some museums have nearly entire replica dinosaur skeletons, they are still beautiful and valuable scientifically, so why not trilobites? But a wise man told me with trilobites there is so much to learn from and to enjoy in the tiny details that nature has perfectly preserved on the trilobite, it's eyes, the little sutures and tiny pores and other features you can see with magnification. And he was right:) The best attempts to replicate real fossils often cannot capture these details.

On that note, micro-fossils seem rather popular on this forum, I must admit it's getting tempting to try sifting through some fossil bearing material:)

Thank you MikeCable for sharing that wonderful article:) I remember for awhile I was going to collect trilobite replicas. I figured, some museums have nearly entire replica dinosaur skeletons, they are still beautiful and valuable scientifically, so why not trilobites? But a wise man told me with trilobites there is so much to learn from and to enjoy in the tiny details that nature has perfectly preserved on the trilobite, it's eyes, the little sutures and tiny pores and other features you can see with magnification. And he was right:) The best attempts to replicate real fossils often cannot capture these details.

On that note, micro-fossils seem rather popular on this forum, I must admit it's getting tempting to try sifting through some fossil bearing material:)

I'll send you some that includes shark and ray material. Perhaps not exactly what you are looking for your new collection, but some that can be sorted with a loupe or other small magnifier. PM me. You were already more than generous.