Lightwave 3D Renderings Of Paleontological Things

prem

Here are some scenes that I created in LightWave 3d many moons ago for my (rather dated) on-line fossil gallery. All modeling, texturing, rendering, etc. done by yours truly.

First, we have a clump of Calamites sp. from the Pennsylvanian Pottsville Formation:

calnew.jpg

The plants were generated algorithmically using a recursive 3d L-system generator and then imported into LightWave, where they were textured, lit and rendered (with a bit of volumetric light dispersion to give a swampy fog effect).

Next, we have a typical set of fauna from the Ordovician Cincinnatian Series (Flexicalymene meeki, a straight-shelled nautiloid, a bryozoan, crinoid, rugose coral, and brachiopod). One of the Flexis has gone into its defensive enrolled posture from being attacked while the other tries to make a fast exit.

ordosea.jpg

Enjoy!

---Prem

fantastic - I still use LightWave 7.5 for fun, and these would be fun meshes to add to a fossil game, or 3D environment, I use unrealed to make a little of both from time to time... :)

edit: been a while I had to check, I'm on Lightwave 9.6 now ...

Edited by xonenine

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Very cool art! Thanks for posting!

Here is a link to a LightWave 3D free download of 11.6.1

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/LightWave-Download-119048.html

Edited by Bev

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

Hey Prem. I remember your renderings from way back! Good stuff! Got a link to your website? I for one wouldn't mind revisiting them. Thanks, JW.

I just checked that out of curiosity and only understood the adverbs and adjectives. The nouns and verbs are in a language completely foreign to me, but I think I got an idea about what you have to deal with as an animator artist nowadays. I'm boggled and wouldn't know where to start, but by the looks of the great scenery that prem was able to create it must be a fun thing if you want to get into it.

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/