Swifter Sifter

caldigger

I had the need for a larger sifter (24" square) that didn't require me to bend over and pick it off the ground each time. The tripod poles are electrical conduit and I threw the shaker box, held up with parachute cord, together in about an hour. Total cost of materials was about $15.00. It is light weight and works like a dream. I can take the shaker basket off and put it on a backpack, the poles weigh next to nothing so it makes for a really nice piece to hike in somewhere that is off the beaten path.

post-12286-0-09546300-1390426658_thumb.jpg

post-12286-0-36087900-1390426685_thumb.jpg

Edited by caldigger
  • I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

pack a light weight nylon tarp and you can shade sift B)

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Sacha, I drilled holes through the tops about an inch down and ran a cable through them with just a little bit of play so they can move around freely. I have a large eye bolt (the size you would use to attach a porch swing) run through the center of the poles with a large metal plate to stop them. the parachute cords are wrapped on the eye bolt and run down to the shaker basket. I'll post a pick tomorrow to clarify my babblings.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Cough, gag, choke!

Umbrella style not like a tent :D

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.