Ral Partha Brontothere & Vintage Toys

mikeymig

I have a1983 Partha pewter Brontothere on my desk and I decided to play with him today! I took a picture of him and put him back into his Oligocene environment. I never had a model train or made a diorama before but I thought about making a prehistoric diorama after looking at a copy of Prehistoric Times at the bookstore recently.

I have no idea on how many hours I spent as a child playing with my plastic dinosaurs. My mom said that I would set them up (with plastic plants from a fish tank we used to have) just like they would look back then. I didnt have them fight and I took good care of my dinosaurs. I do remember trying hard to recreate the past in plastic. In the summer I would take them down to the creek near our house and spend all day just setting them up.

I found this pewter Brontops in a card store back in 1995 on a shelf near the cash register. I was surprised seeing it there among other pewter animals like bunnies, cats, and dogs. I had a complete upper left jaw of a Brontothere and this figurine stood near it my display case. I traded the jaw a couple of years ago but kept this little dude.

Mikey

post-7129-0-45667600-1391120342_thumb.jpg

post-7129-0-04710300-1391120422_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikeymig

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Please add any photos to this thread of your childhood dinosaurs or prehistoric critters. I have another I'm going to add soon if I can find it. My purple T-rex from a box of Kaboom cereal circa 1974. I would like to see items from the 1970s but all childhood toys and models are welcome.

Thanks

mikey

led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Hi Mikeymig,

I was a big fan of Ral Partha miniatures when they were still in business. Your Brontothere is awesome, and I loved the dioramic photo you did of it!

With all the large sized detailed dino-toys available nowadays, I can't imagine how exciting it must be for kids to collect their favorite dino-critters. Have to admit though, none of the new models, no matter how terrific will ever replace the classic Marx and MPC dinos in my heart:)

Hi Mikeymig,

I was a big fan of Ral Partha miniatures when they were still in business. Your Brontothere is awesome, and I loved the dioramic photo you did of it!

With all the large sized detailed dino-toys available nowadays, I can't imagine how exciting it must be for kids to collect their favorite dino-critters. Have to admit though, none of the new models, no matter how terrific will ever replace the classic Marx and MPC dinos in my heart:)

I agree! Might sound a little nerdy but I would bring my 1970s Dino's in the living room when I watched Land of the Lost on Sat AM and Godzilla in the afternoon. :)

Thanks, I found this Oligocene scene online and it looked as if something was missing in the spot I put my Brontops in. It also looks like the Brontothere in the lower right of the diarama is looking at him. ;)

Mikey

led zeppelin