Secret Of How Flying Dinosaurs Launched Cracked

Northern Sharks

One of my pet peeves is when writers call any animal living in the Mesozoic a "dinosaur". Right behind calling a paleontologist an archeologist. grrrrrrr.... (Yes, that's the journalism major in me coming out.) Soapbox rant over. I now return you to your regular programming.

Guest Nicholas
One of my pet peeves is when writers call any animal living in the Mesozoic a "dinosaur". Right behind calling a paleontologist an archeologist. grrrrrrr.... (Yes, that's the journalism major in me coming out.) Soapbox rant over. I now return you to your regular programming.

What is your opinion on the term Paleo-Anthropologist?

What is your opinion on the term Paleo-Anthropologist?

Appropriate for the study of prehistoric peoples and their cultures.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Appropriate for the study of prehistoric peoples and their cultures.

^^^agree!

Whenever I give talks on fossils to grade school kids, I teach the difference between archeology and paleontology and tell them to pay attention to the news and they can catch "professionals" in mistakes. They come up to me on the street years later and tell me about catching the reporters in the error. They get a kick out of it.

If you want to see how smart the professionals are listen to them talk 10 minutes and it erases all doubt.

Hahahaha, Mike H. is a strange guy. At SVP a few years ago we were sitting in a bar (the Montana crowd), and he came up to us and in a desperate attempt to impress chicks started talking about how he knew all these martial arts and stuff; some of the grad students I was with at the time can be pretty ruthless after a few beers, so it was pretty entertaining to watch. I almost felt bad for him...

Bobby