One Nice Find !

PRK

Last weekend I encouraged a split in an Oligocene rock I had stored up in the attic, to expose this beaut. It had been stored up there for 35 years and I had no idea it was inside that rock. I was/am very exited

post-9950-0-77451300-1392491415_thumb.jpg

Edited by PRK

no clue? :popcorn:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Oligocene! From where? The rock looks badland White River but the fossil inside looks like a pyritized, Devonian Bactrites. Hint me!

Mikey

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

I am seeing crinoid too, but you don't see that sort of thing from the Oligocene very often, can't wait to see it prepped. :popcorn:

Heh,,,heh,,,, I know where Paul found this. I did hear that the river cleaned this area from a slide awhile back, but have never had the time to go check it out.

RB

bactrites were straight shelled cephalopods. I'm sure that's not one in your pic since you said it's Oligocene, Attic formation and bactrites are from the Devonian. It just looks like one.

Mikey

http://www.eifelperlen.de/Fossilien/Tintenfische/Bactrites.htm

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Isocrinus oregonensis?

I was thinking something along those lines too.. looks similar to the ones I find in my local Cretaceous - partly jumbled up and all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...