More North Sulphur River Fun

wfrr

Sunday I picked up my old bud trentonmon and we headed east. We dropped into the North Sulphur River at several locations and found a few goodies in the Taylor group Ozan formation of North Texas.

We saw the ruins of the old railroad trestle near Camp Shed or Enloe.

post-9617-0-54310200-1392906190_thumb.jpg post-9617-0-16162000-1392906233_thumb.jpg

post-9617-0-13012400-1392906273_thumb.jpg

I found a number of reptile and mammal verts and bone frags. One spot provided most of the fish and shark teeth pictured. I found a nice globbidens Mosasaur tooth, assorted enamel flakes along with a couple of mastodon fragments. One arrowhead, a blank and what must have been a scraper or blade. Worm tubes were everywhere. I picked up 80 of them. I have a small clamp lid jar I want to fill with them...and I am getting there with that project.

My buddy trentonmon had a pretty good hunt too. I hope he will post his. He found a huge cervical mosasaur vert and more of the same goodies I found.

post-9617-0-86390900-1392906808_thumb.jpg

All in all a pretty good outing. The weather was just great. Trentonmons bday was Saturday so I got to rib him all day about getting so old. We had fun, got in some serious exercise, and put yet another adventure in the bank and you know what if I had a dollar for all of the adventures he and I have had over the last 43 years I could really go to the bank.

over and out

wfrr aka

Randy Rogers

good times. but i wish the gas for each adventure only cost a buck!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

That is a great area of the Sulphur to hunt, have found some nice micro teeth in the gravel south of the trestle in the smaller gravel at the ends of gravel bars----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"