Post Oak, Take Two

Cole20200

Hey, just so I don't hijack the other thread I'll start this one. Today was a great day at Post Oak. And I have every intention of going again soon, this week soon. So Let me know whats good for anyone else who's interested. Check out the haul from today.

post-1175-1231633496_thumb.jpg

Fossil, it's like a rock, but better.

Guest bmorefossil
Hey, just so I don't hijack the other thread I'll start this one. Today was a great day at Post Oak. And I have every intention of going again soon, this week soon. So Let me know whats good for anyone else who's interested. Check out the haul from today.

dude awsome finds, that deformed tooth is awsome!!!!!

Good job pointing that one out bmore. I missed it on my quick glance. An extremely pathologic squalicorax falcatus I believe. Can we get a close-up of that bad boy?? Great finds cole!!!

dude awsome finds, that deformed tooth is awsome!!!!!

---Wie Wasser schleift den Stein, wir steigen und fallen---

Good call on the squalicorax f. I've been pouring over my books since I've been back, and I think that's it. The big one is pterosyllium signeuxi I'm sure. You know, when I found them, I just thought it was two associated teeth, put them in my container and moved on. It wasn't until I took the picture and bmorefossil mentioned it, that I really looked at them in detail. The reason it tricked me is because it is in fact broke right on the pathology cleft. But, the enamel and root fit back together perfectly, so pathology it is. All the long ones are of course striatolamia macrota. I've got a few others I'm on the fence about still thou. I'll be going to hobby lobby to get more storage tomorrow. Excellent eyes guys.

post-1175-1231645606_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil
bmorefossil mentioned it, that I really looked at them in detail. The reason it tricked me is because it is in fact broke right on the pathology cleft.

yep no problem, i love deformed/ pathologic teeth.

Iwould be interested in going. I love sharks teeth looks like you did well. How far is p.o.c. from Austin? Icould go any day!! btw great haul..

Iwould be interested in going. I love sharks teeth looks like you did well. How far is p.o.c. from Austin? Icould go any day!! btw great haul..

Lets see Austin is about 3 1/2 hours from Dallas.POC is about an hour from Dallas, so allow 5 hours to get to sharktooth heaven.

Lets see Austin is about 3 1/2 hours from Dallas.POC is about an hour from Dallas, so allow 5 hours to get to sharktooth heaven.
Looks like it would have to be an over nigther. maybe a two day trip? Thanks!

How does everyone feel about Thurday? say 11:00 ish?

Thurs. works for me.! Do you need boots, or waders for the creek? Also I need to get some directions. you can send a pm. if you like.Looking foreward to it.

Thurs. works for me.! Do you need boots, or waders for the creek? Also I need to get some directions. you can send a pm. if you like.Looking foreward to it.

Waterproof boots up to just below your knees is what I use.

Waterproof boots up to just below your knees is what I use.

Thanks, definitely want to stay dry in this cold weather.

Waterproof boots are a good idea. I use a different angle on the problem myself thou. The way I see it, if you get water in a waterproof boot, then your stuck with it. So, I where nothing or sandels for water travel, and carry shoes for gravel travel. The water is extremely cold, but I've always loved to cold so it doesn't bother me. I can just hear everyone know, what about the glass and you being barefoot!? Well, I am careful, and I'm up to date on my tetanus anyways, ;)

So, I where nothing or sandels for water travel, and carry shoes for gravel travel. The water is extremely cold, but I've always loved to cold so it doesn't bother me.

39 degrees Thursday.... sandals......bare feet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

arg....If I was only young again!

So, I where nothing or sandels for water travel, and carry shoes for gravel travel. The water is extremely cold, but I've always loved to cold so it doesn't bother me.

39 degrees Thursday.... sandals......bare feet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

arg....If I was only young again!

Yep....It's gonna be a cold one on Thursday! I've done the barefoot thing before and ended up stepping on a rusty can and got a nasty staph infection that almost cost me my foot! So...NEVER AGAIN for me! Hey snakekeeper.....did you go out on sunday? I was just wondering how you did if you went.

Hey snakekeeper.....did you go out on sunday? I was just wondering how you did if you went.

I skipped POC and went with some members to NSR.

It was slim pickins there.

Interested in braving the cold Thursday?

I'm kinda on the fence due to the weather!

Hey snakekeeper.....did you go out on sunday? I was just wondering how you did if you went.

I skipped POC and went with some members to NSR.

It was slim pickins there.

Interested in braving the cold Thursday?

I'm kinda on the fence due to the weather!

I wish I could but I gotta work on Thursday. I may try POC sometime this weekend if it warms up some.

Shot, I'm free Saturday too. Being endowed with vast amounts of free time is great!

Waterproof boots are a good idea. I use a different angle on the problem myself thou. The way I see it, if you get water in a waterproof boot, then your stuck with it. So, I where nothing or sandels for water travel, and carry shoes for gravel travel. The water is extremely cold, but I've always loved to cold so it doesn't bother me. I can just hear everyone know, what about the glass and you being barefoot!? Well, I am careful, and I'm up to date on my tetanus anyways, ;)

Man, you must have some tough feet! With all the glass down there, I'd stick with wet boots anytime.