Post Oak, Take Two

Cole20200

Good Luck on the hunt Saturday!!!

Maybe I can make the next trip, if ya'll don't clean it out. :) I'm in for both days. Look foreward to meeting everyone.

Lyle

If I can swing it, would ya'll mind 1 more? My 16 yr old daughter totaled her car Mon. so if I have to take her to work I might not be able to but if not I can make it, if that is OK with ya'll?

Ok, since I'm sorta responsible for this trip. How about 11:00 am, Saturday 17th. Post Oak creek, Travis underpass. If anyone needs better directions than that message me. For anyone that has never been to POC, you can have a great time without any equipment, many teeth and other fossils are just laying of the top of the sediment, optional equipment could be clam shovels, shifter boxes, grid string, deep penetrating radar projectors, and of course empty film and medic bottles for collection. It's going to be a great time I think.

Fossil, it's like a rock, but better.

Ok, since I'm sorta responsible for this trip. How about 11:00 am, Saturday 17th. Post Oak creek, Travis underpass.

Anyone mind if i go as well!?

Well I just found out I cant go. I have to help my daughter build an electric chair for her barbie doll she's going to fry for her science fair project. :faint:

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Well I just found out I cant go. I have to help my daughter build an electric chair for her barbie doll she's going to fry for her science fair project. :faint:

:rofl:

That's one of those "only in Texas" things. What a great project!

She has always loved science but this one really got her excited. She got that little evil twinkle in her eye and that far away look on her face that told me she was already imagining that barbie frying. She has already picked out a barbie for execution ( evidently this barbie killed off one of her poly pockets) she held the trial for the barbie this afternoon. Ken was her lawyer but my kiddo said barbie had nothing to say in her own defense. A jury of her peers evidently found her guilty. Yup, my kid is a little off. And i love every minute of the weirdness. :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

A jury of your own peers you are found guilty. So sayth the law of Barbie that electricity shall now be passed through your body until you are dead. May Mattel have mercy on your soul.

Best. Daughter. Ever.

Fossil, it's like a rock, but better.

ok, now i want it on record that i had nothing to do with the thread above and for once it isn't me scaring the straights around here...

[. Yup, my kid is a little off. And i love every minute of the weirdness. :D

Perfect match for Tracer JR :rofl:

Just kiddin Tracer :D

Man, I cant go on saturday, Its my sons 1st birthday party. Maybe we should just move the party to the creek ;)

Find him a nice tooth!!

Justin

I agree with MikeD - too much broken glass in that creek - more than a century's worth! Boots, wet or otherwise, are important!

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

Well.....Post Oak, Take Two was another great day in the creek! Nicholash87 and I met up with Snakekeeper, Jeff, Cole20200, and makoken for some good ole Texas shark tooth hunting in the now famous Post Oak Creek. A good time and some great finds were had by all. It was nice to finally put faces to the posts I read on the forum. I'm ready to do it again! Below are some of my finds from today's trip.

post-1003-1232248100_thumb.jpg

post-1003-1232248148_thumb.jpg

post-1003-1232248200_thumb.jpg

Cool finds, talk about tooth heaven! Glad y'all had a good time. Since we got the chair built were going to the Sulphur tomorrow. Paris bridge if anyone wants to come.

Alfred North Whithead

Cool finds, talk about tooth heaven! Glad y'all had a good time. Since we got the chair built were going to the Sulphur tomorrow. Paris bridge if anyone wants to come.

Paris bridge is a pretty good place lots of nice Exogyra, but remember we just hit that area as well as the Ben Franklin bridge last Sunday! I would suggest going to Ladonia or even better the 2990 bridge location. If you go to the 34 bridge or the 2990 bridge crossing the water will be scarce compared to the other localities.Good luck and post some pics of your finds!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!! What fun it was meeting new members of the TFF.First let me tell you that Cole 20200 came to POC "Post Oak Creek" wearing shorts /sneakers with crew socks.OMG..............He walked right into this creek with wreck less abandon!!!!!!! I was just waiting for him to succumb to the extreme coldness of the water!!!!! No such luck!!! He is a trooper among the most dedicated fossil hunters! Or.............just so passionate about his quarry that the hazards of the environment don't phase him.Either way it was a pleasure to meet him! Mako-Ken was having a great time just being away from the doldrums of fosssil casts and steinkerns around his area of Austin. He actually doled out some little baggies full of Bakersfield Sharks teeth to look at "or so we thought" Those little baggies were ours!!!! He pulled a Dan Woer on us and gave them to us all!!!! Jimmy and his brother Nick pulled some nice Ptychodos whipplei out of the gravel and we all had fun! How was the chinese food y'all????Here is what I took home.post-417-1232257945_thumb.jpgpost-417-1232257983_thumb.jpgOh, left to right Nick,Jimmy, Mako-Ken