Post Oak, Take Two

Cole20200

Hey guys, what a great time! I've been trying to id that vert I found. I'll post my stuff later on today. I'm really sorry again about leaving a little early, my back got the best of me. Normally I'll spend a lot of the time just crawling around on the ground but I wanted to look cool and shift with you guys. I loved how freely the Ptychodos were showing up. And Jimmy found a rather large one, it's the top left in his picture.

Makoken's mako goodie bags where stupendous, I'll have you know I'm reworking my wall hang to include them.

We've got to do it again, I suggest we wait for a good rain, then hit NSR. But of course I'm open to ideas. Anyways, pictures will be forth coming today.

Fossil, it's like a rock, but better.

snakekeeper - i was thinking, "hmm, let's see what we have today from post oak creek", and looked at the pictures before i read the post, and saw the west-coast teeth first and had a mental break-dance move from which it will take me days to recover.

what is the white thing on the bison jaw?

One more!post-417-1232258273_thumb.jpgThere's Cole with his shorts!!!!!!!!!!!OMG...... The water was Cooooold!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like you guys had a great time and some great success. Sorry we didn't have time to do the creek on my run to Dallas.

Buuurrr, it was cold that day we had planned. The sharks tooth I found on the NSR was so small, I couldn't even take a picture of it

to post. Can't wait to do this screening thing at Post Oak Creek.

Maybe we can drag Tracer down to join. I would love to meet someone that is as strange as I am. (mental)

Looks like I will be coming down again the first week of February. Up for another try for POC?

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Paris bridge is a pretty good place lots of nice Exogyra, but remember we just hit that area as well as the Ben Franklin bridge last Sunday! I would suggest going to Ladonia or even better the 2990 bridge location. If you go to the 34 bridge or the 2990 bridge crossing the water will be scarce compared to the other localities.Good luck and post some pics of your finds!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I started thinking about that last night. Probably go to the 2990. I also have a friend who is working down there hauling dirt and gravel out, could go see him. Thanks for reminding me though, and next time yall go huntin come heck or fried barbie Im gonna come. :D

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

what is the white thing on the bison jaw?

I knew those STH teeth would throw someone off.

It's a small coral branch.

We really need some rain up here.

Looks like I will be coming down again the first week of February. Up for another try for POC?

You bet! Even if it doesn't rain..... I owe you a trip there!

I hope Nacho can make it as well.

I'm Game! Let's go!

I'm Game! Let's go!

Thanks to everyone! I had a great time, and am up for another trip.!! I'll post a couple of shark tooth pics. here, and my 2 mammal teeth in a fossil i.d. thread. I had a great time. Thanks again to all.

post-1010-1232293980_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1232294058_thumb.jpg

You bet! Even if it doesn't rain..... I owe you a trip there!

I hope Nacho can make it as well.

Great! I will let you know when my schedule gets tightened up.

Looks like others would like to come. Is there plenty of elbow room?

Should I buy some tall rubber boots, or do you have a pair I can borrow?

Mine are somewhere in many storage buildings.

Where has Mike disappeared too?

I left my screen with Nacho in Dallas.

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

I knew those STH teeth would throw someone off....

You guys cleaned up! (and I was "jediied" by the foreign teeth too...still trying to reattach my jaw.)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I really didn't feel very cold guys, I swear, I even had to remove that gray pull over I started with.

I posted that vert. and a few of my highlight teeth over in the i.d. section.

Snakekeeper64 doesn't think it's shark for lack of those hole that commonly go into the sides of shark vertebra, I agreed, but that doesn't mean it's not a Xiphactinus... It might also me a large catfish vert.

Let us know how Paris bridge turns out Barefootgirl.

Fossil, it's like a rock, but better.

Thanks to everyone! I had a great time, and am up for another trip.!! I'll post a couple of shark tooth pics. here, and my 2 mammal teeth in a fossil i.d. thread. I had a great time. Thanks again to all.

Thanks again Ken for the teeth i couldnt wait to get home and show the wife! The trip was awsome i had a great time meeting everyone. Im up for another trip to the POC just let me know a time!

Thanks again Ken for the teeth

Yes Ken! thank you very much for the goody bag of teeth! It was really nice of you.

Yes Ken! thank you very much for the goody bag of teeth! It was really nice of you.

You guy's are welcome. I really enjoyed it. We have to get together soon for another one. I'll bring some of my favorite STH teeth for you to check out.

I really didn't feel very cold guys, I swear, I even had to remove that gray pull over I started with.

I posted that vert. and a few of my highlight teeth over in the i.d. section.

Snakekeeper64 doesn't think it's shark for lack of those hole that commonly go into the sides of shark vertebra, I agreed, but that doesn't mean it's not a Xiphactinus... It might also me a large catfish vert.

Let us know how Paris bridge turns out Barefootgirl.

Hey Cole, here are a couple of pics. I found in Fla. fossil books. One is of a sawfish, the other misc. fish vert. Could be either. I'm still divided.

post-1010-1232386599_thumb.jpg

post-1010-1232386648_thumb.jpg