Is This Stuff Crinoid Segments?

Tennessees Pride

ashcraft -

one correction...the dino bones from Chronister aren't bone any more. They are totally mineralized, but are very light and extremely well preserved.

This preserved wood is interesting!

I am going by what Bruce told me, he said he even put a match to them to see if he could smell burning protein (didn't). I know of a fish bone from the site that was eaten by a cat, now why would a cat eat a rock? (Of course, I consider cats to be as intelligent as the average earthworm).

fkaa

ashcraft, brent allen

Any way you look at it, it is interesting stuff. :popcorn:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

The photo that shows pulled up bark on blackened inner wood could be Sequoia or Cedar. Some of your photos show wood that looks like it was partially burned, similar to what happens to trees that are struck by lightning. The partially scorched, jumbled together nature of the deposits puts me in mind of the lateral blast deposits left by Mount St. Helens.

Here is one part of an excellent series by Dana Hunter that deals specifically with buried trees. There is another part that deals with buried cars and details the temperatures in the various stages of the blast.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/rosetta-stones/2014/01/30/the-cataclysm-fully-down-and-buried/

Hey Tethys. :) i bet you could probably identify the wood grain on that specimen from Dec. Co, that i had on the scales. I'll let it dry out just enough to see good definition, then post it later.

--- Joshua

tennesseespride@gmail.com