Sign in to follow this  
cincihunter

East Fork Lake Spill Way

cincihunter

I live near Cincinnati, Ohio and I am very close to Est Fork Lake. At the lake is a spill way that is littered with little treasures. It takes a lot to find something good (it is a really big field filled with mostly corals from the Ordovician Period), but if you are patient you can find some goodies.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/parks/eastfork/tabid/732/Default.aspx

sparkchaser

Care to share your more noteworthy finds?

I used to hit the spillway at Caesar Creek State Park. I had the most luck on my stomach many yards below the hill and I'd always find a dozen of so tiny trilobites.

cincihunter

Nothing that's REAL noteworthy...... a few small trilobites and various coral clusters......

I plan on setting up some photos in the gallery (probably not until tomorrow)and I'll try to remember to post a few there.

jbstedman

Interesting site. Did you "plant" it on the "Locations Map"? If not, read the post by Anson at the top of the Locations subforum for instructions on how to do that. The map needs more flags (though I may be the only one who looks at the map).

cincihunter
Interesting site. Did you "plant" it on the "Locations Map"? If not, read the post by Anson at the top of the Locations subforum for instructions on how to do that. The map needs more flags (though I may be the only one who looks at the map).

Brings up an SQL syntax error. Some ones screwed up somewhere with the programming ;)

jbstedman
Brings up an SQL syntax error. Some ones screwed up somewhere with the programming ;)

I'll try to plant it using your topic id. Where is the spillway relative to the big parking lot on the lake shore?

saysac

I cannot find the map you are talking about?