Sign in to follow this  
Auspex

Where To Find Fossils In Arizona

Auspex

I stumbled across this website:

LINK

old dead things

Thanks Auspex, this will give me something to do while enjoying the Arizona winter weather next year prior to and after the Tucson Show.

Jim

Welsh Wizard

Hi

I may have to go to Phoenix for a week in March and I was wondering if there are any fossil locations or museums worth visiting. I will have a car during my visit but I am unlikely to have any collecting gear with me.

Thanks

Nick

Welsh Wizard

Hi again

Following my previous unsuccessful post, I'd thought I'd follow it up again.

I'm still planning on going to Phoenix in March and I was wondering if the Arizona Museum of Natural History in Mesa is worth a visit. I was also wondering if they have any Late Triassic or Early Jurassic Dinosaurs in the Museum and if anyone on the forum works there that I could contact.

Thanks

Nick

Auspex

Does this qualify? LINK :)

Welsh Wizard

Thanks Auspex. I was wondering what their collections were like and whether they had anything from the Chinle Formation or Ghost Ranch. It's look far to do a round trip to Ghost Ranch as I've only got a day spare

Nick

Welsh Wizard

Hi

I've just been to the Arizona Museum of Natural History.

It's well worth a visit. They've got a really good display of pterosaurs including pteranodon. They also got a good mix of fossil and animatronic dinosaurs.

Sorry no photos as I didn't have a camera with me, which doesn't make me a very good tourist.

Visiting here and seeing the post on Villers sur mer museum made me think. Has TFF considered doing a forum of museums that have fossil displays and dinosaurs. There's a lot of hidden gems out there.

Thanks

Nick