Crystal Clear But Freezing Cold!

Guest bmorefossil

Guest bmorefossil

got to meet Phoenixflood, really nice guy. When I looked out onto the water it looked almost like there was a hurricane hitting! Largest waves I had ever seen on the river, and I just looked today and it says there was an 18 foot wave ( must be a glitch) lol, well we got our gear on and began to walk down the beach. IT WAS COLDDDD and we had the wind hitting our face for 4 miles! The ground looked like a huge tooth could have shown up any second but it never did. Phoenix found what could have been a Ric or trans tooth, if its not its an otodus but it was the best tooth that either of us found. When we made it down the cliff a little we began to find crystals! I had only found one each of the times I had been there but today they were everywhere and they had some size to them, found a few over 6" long and wide but some of the smaller ones were really nice. I found only a few teeth one nice sand tiger but thats about it. I was really glad to be back in my car when that day was done. :P

post-17-1232157810_thumb.jpg

Cool...(sorry). :D

Steven, are those Selenite (gypsum) crystals?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Nice meeting you to Bmore!

Yeah, it was really cold! I think that's the coldest I've ever been in my life, but the thrill of big megs kept me going!

Here's that tooth Bmore was talking about. I also go a couple of crystals as well. If you've seen Bmores' you have an idea of what I have, just not as many :D

DSC01652.jpg

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest bmorefossil

the tooth just looks a little different than an otodus, it looks like there would have been a bourlette at one time, the root is wide and the cusps look odd, lets see what some other people think

Guest Nicholas

Great crystals, when you mentioned them in chat I was expecting smaller. The fossils look nice too, what is the larger one in the mid left and the other larger one in the top left?

Cool crystals! Like that brown thing on the lower left hand side.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Guest bmorefossil
Great crystals, when you mentioned them in chat I was expecting smaller. The fossils look nice too, what is the larger one in the mid left and the other larger one in the top left?

top left is a vert and the mid left is a piece of broken pottery, this one is really nice, not old enought to be from a Native American but its still cool

It looks like tortoise shell. I like it.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Guest Nicholas
top left is a vert and the mid left is a piece of broken pottery, this one is really nice, not old enought to be from a Native American but its still cool

Any designs? Could possibly be early European.

the tooth just looks a little different than an otodus, it looks like there would have been a bourlette at one time, the root is wide and the cusps look odd, lets see what some other people think

Yes, we will have to wait and see.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest bmorefossil
Any designs? Could possibly be early European.

there is a little design to it, there is not seal or anything so I cant tell the age

It looks to be worn enough that getting beyond speculation may be tough (but I like speculation, as a learning experience).

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest bmorefossil
It looks to be worn enough that getting beyond speculation may be tough (but I like speculation, as a learning experience).

when i had the tooth in my hand i had this vibration.....oh wait that was my phone, well anyway it looked different