Dinosaur, Shark Fossils From Sussex Weald,england.

Jonwealden

Some really nice specimens here. Is there any way to prepare the shark head?

Best regards,

Thomas

Cheers. It would have to be acid prepped. I've never undertaken this. At the least, its needing some general accentuation, and the right jaw brought out. I like it as it is, for now.....

In the footsteps of Mantell and Anning, searching for dinosaur with a passion !

post-14836-0-48707100-1396086060_thumb.jpg     post-14836-0-75608600-1396086098_thumb.jpg   post-14836-0-51933900-1396086112_thumb.jpg

post-14836-0-43914100-1396086137_thumb.jpg    post-14836-0-77406500-1396086174_thumb.jpg    post-14836-0-94047300-1396086187_thumb.jpg

post-14836-0-11446200-1396086197_thumb.jpg

Wow! they are some very awesome fossils can't wait to see more.

The hybodont is extremely interesting. Except for the teeth, I probably would not have recognized it. Do you have any pictures of the site? I'm just curious if you fossil hunt in a quarry, or along the water etc.

Marco Sr.

"Any day that you can fossil hunt is a great day."

My family fossil website     Some Of My Shark, Ray, Fish And Other Micros     My Extant Shark Jaw Collection

image.png.9a941d70fb26446297dbc9dae7bae7ed.png image.png.41c8380882dac648c6131b5bc1377249.png

I fossil hunt the coastline,on the longer tides. I've found about 40 shark heads,most crushed/ distorted. About 10,including this example, are uncrushed. Pretty rare in my experience.

What an extraordinary and varied collection! Thanks for the look :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Amazing finds! Id love to see one of those shark heads fully prepped!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Stunning finds...would you know if there from the Ashdown Beds Formation.

Regards,

Darren.

Its mainly Ashdown beds and Tunbridge wells sands. All approximately 135-142 MYA. :)

Spectacular finds, really special material. Thank you for sharing. I've hunted at Hastings several times, and I've a decent siderite nodule with a few bones sticking out of it. They're really worn on the surface, but I'm hoping there's something special inside the nodule. Have you ever tried prepping the siderite nodules?

Kind regards,

Joe

The siderite nodule sounds very interesting...will be exciting prepping into that. I haven't prepped them before. I have searched Hastings only on occasion. It has brought up some really nice material,but dino is pretty uncommon there isn't it.

There was the large cliff fall a couple of months back,perhaps some nice fossils came out of it. I haven't been back since last Autumn,will have to make a trip soon.

• 1 month later...

Impressive! Keep them coming!

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Wow Wee!!!!!! You have made some very impressive finds there! Hahaa...i'm so jealous...:D Congratulations!

--- Joshua

tennesseespride@gmail.com

This is interesting; I would have expected the track to deform the layers, rather than breach them.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Yes i have pondered over this, It is clearly a footprint, and very much the profile of a small theropod dinosaur. The location where i found the print is not my usual haunt. Generally ,where i search, footprints are in the form of fossil foot casts .

I agree wholeheartedly that it is a track, and a good one! Perhaps the varves were revealed by weathering after the fossil was exposed?

Wow, those prints are amazing!

That sauropod print is FANTASTIC!!!

Holy cows!!! I dream of living in an area where you find these kind of fossils!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing

If you ever fancy a stroll next time im in your neck of the woods be sure to give me a shout..

Truly stunning finds...well done to you.

Regards,

Darren.

Regards.....D&E&i

The only certainty with fossil hunting is the uncertainty.

https://lnk.bio/Darren.Withers

Archived