Saturday Morning Live!

JohnJ

Well, that answers the questions that I had about the hundreds of tiny "discs" in a couple of the pictures. I was wondering if they were forams, tiny brachs, or something else (or all of the above).

orbitolina texana are just everywhere in some places in the glen rose formation. at first i thought they were the ocean's red blood cells, except they weren't red. and the ocean isn't blood. so then i thought they were miniature frisbees that the crabs played with, but at some point i realized they didn't have any pincer marks on them. finally, in desperation, i got a 10x jeweler's loupe and was studying some that i'd found in the san antonio area. i flipped one over, and darned if on the back of it wasn't inscribed, "orbitolina texana - property of john & dan's foram farm". so then i knew...

...i flipped one over, and darned if on the back of it wasn't inscribed, "orbitolina texana - property of john & dan's foram farm". so then i knew...

I told Dan there were too many deer on the foram farm...that's what happens when you let things get out of hand. :P

Here are a few other farm intruders I've cleaned up. I haven't found that many Salenia in the past, so I was Saturday's hunt had the air of discovery for me. The preservation of one of the micros (1/4 inch dia.) was fantastic - completely hollow.

post-420-1232420091_thumb.jpg

post-420-1232420437_thumb.jpg

post-420-1232420469_thumb.jpg

post-420-1232420495_thumb.jpg

The echie below the Tetragramma needs an ID. It was a late evening find...Coenholectypus sp.??

post-420-1232420127_thumb.jpg

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

orbitolina texana are just everywhere in some places in the glen rose formation. at first i thought they were the ocean's red blood cells, except they weren't red. and the ocean isn't blood. so then i thought they were miniature frisbees that the crabs played with, but at some point i realized they didn't have any pincer marks on them. finally, in desperation, i got a 10x jeweler's loupe and was studying some that i'd found in the san antonio area. i flipped one over, and darned if on the back of it wasn't inscribed, "orbitolina texana - property of john & dan's foram farm". so then i knew...

:rofl:

So does that mean you have to give them back? :o

i wish there were cool small fossils like that near me. i think it would be good to collect them and have a whole collection that could be stored in a small display case. would make it so much more likely that whoever gets them after you're gone wouldn't put them out by the curb...

Johnny - Probably C. planatus, easier to ascertain if the periproct is preserved on the reverse side.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Now we've figured it out! That deer's cheeks must be chock-full-o-forams.....they're magically delicious!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."