Saturday Morning Live!

JohnJ

Correction John, those were not the last of the in situ shots....stay tuned for "Codiopsis, Dakoticancer, Pachydiscus, Oh My!!!" and prepare for one final Mua ha ha....

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

john... i have questions... don't answer dan, you need to be resting, because you're definitely starting to burn the end at both candles.

first of all, my eyes are hurting from having the monitor pulled close. can i put it back where it was now?

secondly, are ya'll trying to create some sort of fashion thing with the fingerless gloves, and do you really think that will advance the cause of fossilers with the general public? and i'm not talking the general public on the lower east side strip, in those clubs...

thirdly, shouldn't you go home and view your pictures carefully before you upload them to make sure that if you say there are three cool fossils in them, you didn't miss the fourth one?

fourthly, what does dan mean by saying he's going to be taking a "highly qualified" person afield, and will you be chaperoning, and if not, why not?

fifthfully, if he tries to get a new subspecies named after him and called "codiopsis woehrus libidinissimus", will the naming authority notify you in time to get it quashed before every echinoid collection has to have a specimen with that label?

ya'll are great. it is amusing to imagine your escapades, especially in central texas.

Dan's Globator / Salenia double play...really cool!

Looks like a treble to me. Just to the left of index finger, next to grey rock.

KOF, Bill.

Welcome to the forum, all new members

www.ukfossils check it out.

Guest bmorefossil
You did see 3 Salenia "sisters"....

post-420-1232297253_thumb.jpg

"Hey Dan, I found a Salenia." (camera coming out, dime in place, focus and...) "Whoa; there's another one!" (looking over toward Dan, then back at the pair, camera and...) "WHOAAA! There are 3 right together!"

One of those paleontological moments that we love.

i think i see 4, there looks like one top right of the picture attached to some dirt

Dan's Globator / Salenia double play...really cool!

Looks like a treble to me. Just to the left of index finger, next to grey rock.

Edit- I think I can see 4 now, 4th "stone" down from the one the index finger is pointing at.

KOF, Bill.

What the heck is wrong with this deer?

post-22-1232336824_thumb.jpg

post-22-1232336835_thumb.jpg

post-22-1232336842_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

Hunting fossils, discovering new sites, uploading photos of spectacular finds and chasing women.....all before darkness ushers in the end of a great day......you guys are my heroes, I hope to grow up and be just like you some day!

Great finds!

Brian

Brian Evans

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

What the heck is wrong with this deer?

Come on Dan, every you knows the government has been experimenting with mixed breed reproduction to produce the worlds first Buck-munk (Male deer + a chipmunk).

Brian Evans

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

OK here are a few field shots from today.......these specimens look WAAYY more impressive now that they are prepped but this will work for now.....the Pachydiscus is absolutely hands down smokin' now that it has been prepped - very impressive - 3D perfect - about 4 inches diameter - a very rare find in these parts! The Codiopsis stephensoni will probably be most impressive to Mike Murphy as it doesn't look too flashy to most of us as presented....and then I blew my Dakoticancer whistle and they all came out to play....and they'll soon be joining a bunch of their friends in Danny's Dakoticancer Commune.....

post-22-1232336951_thumb.jpg

post-22-1232336960_thumb.jpg

post-22-1232336968_thumb.jpg

post-22-1232336977_thumb.jpg

post-22-1232336984_thumb.jpg

post-22-1232336995_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

john... i have questions... don't answer dan, you need to be resting, because you're definitely starting to burn the end at both candles.

first of all, my eyes are hurting from having the monitor pulled close. can i put it back where it was now?

secondly, are ya'll trying to create some sort of fashion thing with the fingerless gloves, and do you really think that will advance the cause of fossilers with the general public? and i'm not talking the general public on the lower east side strip, in those clubs...

thirdly, shouldn't you go home and view your pictures carefully before you upload them to make sure that if you say there are three cool fossils in them, you didn't miss the fourth one?

fourthly, what does dan mean by saying he's going to be taking a "highly qualified" person afield, and will you be chaperoning, and if not, why not?

fifthfully, if he tries to get a new subspecies named after him and called "codiopsis woehrus libidinissimus", will the naming authority notify you in time to get it quashed before every echinoid collection has to have a specimen with that label?

ya'll are great. it is amusing to imagine your escapades, especially in central texas.

tracer....

1st - please put the monitor back - My apologies; I need to be more circumspect when issuing directives.

2nd - it's a homeless thing, deal with it (it helps people understand when your crawling on your hands and knees picking at the dirt.)

4th - (pay attention) I don't know about any qualifications ... and I hope Dan keeps them to himself.

5th - I'll find someone's momma to slap that name right out any authority's mouth.......mommabetts please be on standby if we need you. (Fossils from Texas should not be smaller than their name. ;) )

3rd - you and Bmore....ha, ha, HA...GO FISH - (high res)

post-420-1232336716_thumb.jpg

Bill, it's tough to get sharp photos of these little things in the field. There are some common forams circled in this pic....?

post-420-1232337559_thumb.jpg

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

HGMS had a trip to Whiskey Bridge today.

Silverphoenix is still going next Saturday.

I guess we should repost.

Note to JohnJ: is the big tooth I pulled out of your cave today a C. auriculatus? 1.5" and some change.

pix to follow.

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

.. The Codiopsis stephensoni will probably be most impressive to Mike Murphy as it doesn't look too flashy to most of us as presented.....

Dan, will it look similar to the one HERE (11th page, top right)?

The very same critter Johnny!

Dan, will it look similar to the one HERE (11th page, top right)?

Grüße,

CREDENTIALS - I've seen none better in the field to date....MUA HA HA!!!

Just thought I'd spruce this place up a bit...

Hope I didn't offend you, Johnny....

post-22-1232340169_thumb.jpg

Grüße,

..Hope I didn't offend you, Johnny....

Good for you! As long as she doesn't start to request that you concentrate on your slowly spinning avatar and listen to her voice......HA! (calling out - "TRACER we need backup in here!")

Some "puffy things with stars on them" and others...

post-420-1232342843_thumb.jpg

Those puffy things sure cast long shadows.

Does that mean you came back too early?

We didn't get back until well after dark...

What is geology? "Rocks for Jocks!"

OK here are a few field shots from today.......these specimens look WAAYY more impressive now that they are prepped but this will work for now.....the Pachydiscus is absolutely hands down smokin' now that it has been prepped - very impressive - 3D perfect - about 4 inches diameter - a very rare find in these parts! The Codiopsis stephensoni will probably be most impressive to Mike Murphy as it doesn't look too flashy to most of us as presented....and then I blew my Dakoticancer whistle and they all came out to play....and they'll soon be joining a bunch of their friends in Danny's Dakoticancer Commune.....

Dan:

Yes, the Codiopsis stephensoni is very impressive, even unprepped! I am looking forward to seeing it prepped out. What is the diameter of the test? By the way Dan, I have found 3 of the comatulid crinoid calyces in the Glen Rose like the one that you found. 2 of them seem to have about the same dimensions as yours; the other one is smaller (0.6"), but it appears to preserve the star on the base of the centrodorsal. I have not been able to identify the crinoids, however. The bases of the other 2 were not preserved. There was a lady from the DPS that had one at Fossilmania this year; she was looking for an ID. All that I could tell her was that it was a comatulid crinoid. I would be interested in any ID that you can come up with on these crinoids. I have attached pictures of the comatulid crinoid with the star base preserved. Sorry about the quality of the photos... I am having to use an old digital camera from work as mine was stolen Christmas eve. I have also attached photographs of a comtaulid crinoid that I found in the Saginaw/Loop 820 south quarry on a recent trip. I only found one, but I will look for additional specimens on my next trip to the quarry. This Duck Creek comatulid crinoid is identified as Loriolometra marilynae Nestlell & Tenery, 1988.

Regards,

Mike

post-153-1232348181_thumb.jpg

post-153-1232348203_thumb.jpg

post-153-1232348216_thumb.jpg

post-153-1232348228_thumb.jpg

post-153-1232348246_thumb.jpg

post-153-1232348255_thumb.jpg

Quote- "Bill, it's tough to get sharp photos of these little things in the field. There are some common forams circled in this pic"

Thanks John J

They look so similar in the pic'. I enjoyed looking for more but I missed one of the forams. :)

KOF, Bill.

john - it wasn't that i thought there were four good things in the picture - i just like making everyone else go back and look for awhile.

dan - i've seen eyes like those before. to me they always seem to gently whisper "when i'm through with you, you're going to feel like it was almost worth it..." but your mileage will probably vary (and weave all over the road).

good luck, gentlemen, and i'm nominating you to replace the grateful dead on the long strange trip circuit!

Mike

I also found two floating micro crinoids in the Kgr on Sat. I'll be out hunting exotics at Garner State Park for much of the week, so next week I should be able to clean some things up and post some images.

Grüße,

CREDENTIALS - I've seen none better in the field to date....MUA HA HA!!!

Just thought I'd spruce this place up a bit...

Great find! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Bill, it's tough to get sharp photos of these little things in the field. There are some common forams circled in this pic....?

Well, that answers the questions that I had about the hundreds of tiny "discs" in a couple of the pictures. I was wondering if they were forams, tiny brachs, or something else (or all of the above).