Uk Vert Finds

AndyW

no echinoids this time but some ichthyosaur verts all from the same 2ft sq hole pic one found 15 dec the 2 pic today 17 jan from the jurassic kimmeridge clay of dorset uk ,i will have to go back again?.

post-473-1232211330_thumb.jpg

post-473-1232211342_thumb.jpg

post-473-1232211358_thumb.jpg

Awesome!!! :faint:

Just another fossil hunter from Cincinnati, Ohio. I'm a member of the Dry Dredgers. My real name is Adam if anyone's curious :)

BEAutiful pieces. Looks like great preservation.

The different colors. Did they come from the same whole?

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

BEAutiful pieces. Looks like great preservation.

The different colors. Did they come from the same whole?

all ichthyosaur verts found in the same small area of clay. the second pic is just were thay are wet.

The 3 you have connected, are they just played there or actually fused together?

thay fit together well-the broken one is the same size as these, the other three are smaller so i need to find the ones between ,one other small bit of bone came out with the verts

Mesozoic Tinker Toys! I hope you find them all :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Lovely verts Andy! :)

They look somewhat familiar... Have you posted those before on a UK forum perhaps...?

Anyways, after seeing those I think I myself really should go and pay Kimmeridge a visit. Did you find much else on your visit...?

Kind regards

Gethin

"We try not to use the word insane, we prefer the term mentally hilarious... "

Lovely verts Andy! :)

They look somewhat familiar... Have you posted those before on a UK forum perhaps...?

Anyways, after seeing those I think I myself really should go and pay Kimmeridge a visit. Did you find much else on your visit...?

Kind regards

Gethin

hi gethin

no i have never posted on uk forum before only on this forum and have never been to kimmeridge myself . some of my finds can be seen in my gallery :D

kind regard

andy

Guest bmorefossil
thay fit together well-the broken one is the same size as these, the other three are smaller so i need to find the ones between ,one other small bit of bone came out with the verts

ah thats to bad so your just missing one?

Nice finds! If you get enough you can play Checkers.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'