Pterosaur Bone?

bone digger

Ok, I found these 2 peices of bone a couple years ago. They are from the Dinosaur Provincial Park formation, approx 75mya. My only idea is that they may be from a Pterosaur since the bone is extremely thin, way thinner then Theropod bones. Also note the end of the one bone with it's woven like structure, I guess to save weight! I think both pieces are from a vertebrae and may be from the same one as they were found very close together. Anybody got any ideas? Am I on the right track?

heeeeeeeeeelp Auspex!!!!!!!!!!

• I found this Informative 1

I found some pterosaur bones in Kansas, and the surface texture (very smooth) looks similar, but yours is much thicker, even if it is thin. The wing bones I have are about the same thickness as eggshell.

...My only idea is that they may be from a Pterosaur since the bone is extremely thin, way thinner then Theropod bones. Also note the end of the one bone with it's woven like structure, I guess to save weight! I think both pieces are from a vertebrae and may be from the same one as they were found very close together. Anybody got any ideas? Am I on the right track?

heeeeeeeeeelp Auspex!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry man, no clue :(

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

The last photo is perhaps the most illustrative. I've seen several pterosaur bones that have those sorts of very large pores, as in the last photo. Alternatively, on all the theropod verts I've seen from the MOR collections (i.e. troodontid, tyrannosaurid, allosaurus, etc.) none of them have had big pores that large. I'd be comfortable with identifying it as pterosaur.

The first vertebra might be theropod, but definitely not the second vert.

Bobby