Show Us Your Heteromorphs

bone digger

I don't have many but I just love these things! :wub:

Photo's 1&2 are Bostrychoceras elongatum, Trent river formation, Vancouver Island B.C.

photo's 3,4&5 are Nostoceras hornbyense, Lambert formation, Hornby Island B.C.

photo's 6&7 are Glyptoxoceras subcompressum, Trent river formation, Vancouver Island B.C.

lets see some of yours!

• I found this Informative 1

Those are really really nice! Wish I had some to show.

In formal logic, a contradiction is the signal of defeat: but in the evolution of real knowledge, it marks the first step in progress toward victory.

Alfred North Whithead

'Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!'

Those are really really nice! Wish I had some to show.

Here ya go

Idiohamites fremonti collected 5-18-1996 from the Lafarge Cement Quarry in N Ft Worth, TX. At the time I believe it to be the Kiamichi formation but I think we have now determined that it is the clay marl of the Duck Creek.

P1180001.jpg

Plesioturrilites sp. collected 3-21-2008 from private site in North Richland Hills, TX

e3863f71.jpg

finally - Plesioturrilites brazoensis collect 6-12-1994 at a creek off of Glenview drive in North Richland Hills. Site has since been cemented over. Formation Duck Creek.

10ec1b01.jpg

The Plesioturrilites sp are fairly common here in North Texas although find the large ones like the last picture is harder to do as they tend to break into pieces. For example I recently visited a site in Denton off of Hgy 380 and all of the turrilites were just pieces. However the smaller ones - which can be mistaken for gastropods are fairly common.

• I found this Informative 2

Hey Bonedigger. Ive still got to prep some of those out from my last trip to Vancouver 3 or 4 years ago, and ive got one comin from a trade from South Dakota, but its not here yet. Boo,,,hoo,,,. Ive been working on a piece of snarge one that might look super gorgeous if I ever get it done. Looks to be quite crushed though? But you should see the parts that are exposed SHINE!!! WoooooHooooooo!!!!!

RB

I don't have many but I just love these things!

Oh my! They're wonderful!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Those are most cool, bone digger, and that last is

sure looking like those snakes I used to light as a kid...

near the 4th of July. Amazing it was preserved coming

around and out at such odd angles...

Welcome to the forum!

A partial I picked up in the DFW area 20 years ago...

post-420-0-15687900-1292425453_thumb.jpg

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Glyptoxoceras and Eubostrychoceras from the Campainian of Vancouver Island near Courtenay,B.C.

Cephalopods rule!!

Guest bmorefossil

Glyptoxoceras and Eubostrychoceras from the Campainian of Vancouver Island near Courtenay,B.C.

wow very nice fossisle!!! did you do the prep work on the second one?

wow very nice fossisle!!! did you do the prep work on the second one?

Yes, it was completely enclosed in a concretion just the very small tip exposed.

Cephalopods rule!!

Guest bmorefossil
Yes, it was completely enclosed in a concretion just the very small tip exposed.

i must say i think its the perfect way to have it, what a fossil to have!

My oh my! That is spectacular! How many individual Glyptoxoceras are represented in that piece?

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Holy snarge!!! Just fantastic. Your name isnt jason or rick ross is it?

RB

My oh my! That is spectacular! How many individual Glyptoxoceras are represented in that piece?

Parts of at least 7 heteromorphs and 1 complete in a football sized concretion

It is one of my favorite finds!!

Cephalopods rule!!

Holy snarge!!! Just fantastic. Your name isnt jason or rick ross is it?

RB

I have been known to answer to Rick and Jason did the prep work. He does an amazing job working on some of these hard concretions from our area. Many collectors have had him prep some of their best pieces. I would have liked to have met you Ron when you were here, looked kind of cold though!!

Cephalopods rule!!

Scaphites whitfieldi from the Mancos Shale, one of the few heteromorphs we have around here.

Very pretty looking Scaphites. Do you find several species? They are fairly diagnostic to formations aren't they?

Cephalopods rule!!

Hey Rick, very very nice Glyp! Reminds me of one Jwho found on the Puntledge! There must have been 7 or more, all with turrets!!!! Is he still prepping for you guys? I haven't talked to him for some time.

2 more from the Santonian Haslam Formation on the Trent River of Vancouver Island

OHHH the Poly zone! You must remember that day quite well eh RB!

Hey Rick, very very nice Glyp! Reminds me of one Jwho found on the Puntledge! There must have been 7 or more, all with turrets!!!! Is he still prepping for you guys? I haven't talked to him for some time.

I haven't talked to him in quite awhile but I am sure he is still collecting and prepping up a storm!

Cephalopods rule!!