Show Us Your Heteromorphs

bone digger

These heteromorphs were pretty weird , coiling took many forms. some may have hidden out in seaweed beds as ambush predators since they wouldn't have been very fast swimmers

here is another German form Hyphantoceras an open spiral

Now that is cool looking, that is what I like, the strange and unusual.

Hi, mommabetts!

I got it out from the matrix using another kind of chisel (smaller and different tip´s shape).

Unfortunately, I can not post an extra pic of it..it is inside a wood box as I found it (not prepared yet).

Eureka

post-1192-1233086076_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am charmed with the ammonites heteromorph, am my favorite fossils, I unload now an Acrioceras sp of the Barremien de La Alcoraya Alicante (Spain), and soon I will unload some more.

Regards

post-1192-1233086076_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am charmed with the ammonites heteromorph, am my favorite fossils, I unload now an Acrioceras sp of the Barremien de La Alcoraya Alicante (Spain), and soon I will unload some more.

Regards

Beautiful ammonite, can't wait to see the others you have!

Beautiful ammonite, can't wait to see the others you have!

Thanks, I will be adding some more. This one is a mold and counter

mold of an ammonites without classifying, I believe that it corresponds to a juvenile form of an ammonites of the family of the Ancyloceras, if someone knows it, please I am grateful that I say it.

post-1192-1233180176_thumb.jpg

Hi, Pentarradio!

Nice piece. Perhaps a Idiohamites?

Best regards from Spain,

Eureka

Hello Eureka, Thanks for your response, I have been comparing the two ammonites and they do not seem to me of the same kind, though morphologically they are similar, the Idiohamites has the thinnest and more nearby ribs between them. You prop the distribution estratigrafic, it seems to be between Albiense and Cenomaniense, while our specimen is of the Barremiens or as the very young, first part of the Aptiens, (sorry, I did not comment on it with the pic).

Regards from Alicante :)

Hi,Pentarradio

Congratulations for the specimens. Regarding to the specimen,I find it very similar to the Hamites ammonites, but yours is older...let´s see if we find out what species would be.

It was great talking to you.

Eureka

Hi,Pentarradio

Congratulations for the specimens. Regarding to the specimen,I find it very similar to the Hamites ammonites, but yours is older...let´s see if we find out what species would be.

It was great talking to you.

Eureka

Thank you for his help.

I attach two heteromorph more, a Solenoceras sp and a Hoploscaphites sp. - macroconch form. Proceeding from Pierre Shale formation (upper Cretaceous), Rock River -Wyoming-.

post-1192-1233496435_thumb.jpg post-1192-1233496838_thumb.jpg

Thank you for his help.

I attach two heteromorph more, a Solenoceras sp and a Hoploscaphites sp. - macroconch form. Proceeding from Pierre Shale formation (upper Cretaceous), Rock River -Wyoming-.

post-1192-1233496435_thumb.jpg post-1192-1233496838_thumb.jpg

that is one sweet Hoploscaphites, thanks for the pics!

Dear Pentarradio,

What about the chance of being an Aegocrioceras sp?

Best regards,

Eureka

Hi Eureka.

Yes, I see this kind possible. Thank you for your help :)

Best regards,

Leo

Thank you for the commentaries. :)

Now I attach 2 heteromorph more, these are Hamites sp and Turrilites costatus, and come from the Cenomaniense de Xixona (Alicante).

post-1192-1233950644_thumb.jpg post-1192-1233950672_thumb.jpg

Hey Patarradio. You have some very nice stuff! This is quite the thread. By any chance do you have any of these? Scaphites mariaensis.

RB

post-171-1234020640_thumb.jpg

Hey Patarradio. You have some very nice stuff! This is quite the thread. By any chance do you have any of these? Scaphites mariaensis.

RB

Nice piece. Not, I do not have any. Would you agree someone trades?.

Regards

Leo

WOW!! Once again, after coming back to have a look at this thread after a long break, I can't help but feel utterly sick with envy at all of you...

Really great fossils, all of you!! Axel, the middle one in your post above is a killer!! Absolutely stunning... Wish we had stuff like that in the UK...

Gethin

"We try not to use the word insane, we prefer the term mentally hilarious... "

Archived