P.o.c./ Sat. 17th.

makoken

Here are a couple of teeth found @ P.O.C. on sat. (really great meeting everyone and hunting together!). If anyone has any input on what they think they might be let me know. Not sure if they are fossils or not?

post-1010-1232294436_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple of teeth found @ P.O.C. on sat. (really great meeting everyone and hunting together!). If anyone has any input on what they think they might be let me know. Not sure if they are fossils or not?

Here is another pic. of the tooth on the right.

post-1010-1232302335_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil

im not sure what p.o.c is sorry but you sure found some nice teeth!!!! the one on the left almost looks like a dog but i may be wrong, ill see what i can find.

im not sure what p.o.c is sorry but you sure found some nice teeth!!!! the one on the left almost looks like a dog but i may be wrong, ill see what i can find.
Yeah I thought it looked liked a carnivore tooth. But it was my first trip to post oak creek. So I'm not familiar with what formations it runs through. The tooth on the right really has me baffled?

Guest bmorefossil
Yeah I thought it looked liked a carnivore tooth. But it was my first trip to post oak creek. So I'm not familiar with what formations it runs through. The tooth on the right really has me baffled?

yea same here, so post oak creek, ok ill try and help. Could it be dugong?

Guest bmorefossil

hey could you take a picture looking down onto the tooth? You know have it sit on whats left of the root. That might be helpful in an id

hey could you take a picture looking down onto the tooth? You know have it sit on whats left of the root. That might be helpful in an id

o.k. here is a top veiw. Sorry for the pic. quality.

post-1010-1232306291_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil

nope im wrong its not dugong, im really not sure man, hope someone else from the trip knows that it is.

i really cant type today, i must have it my head pretty hard yesterday

nope im wrong not, dugong not sure man, hope someone else from the trip knows that it is.
It seems kind of hollow in the middle, Hopefully somebody familiar with the area will chime in.

the left one looks very much likea carnivore carnassial back teeth; the other one is very similar to pig family (Suidae), or whatever animal similar to wild boar you have there in the states (Peccary or similar...). Anyway, no idea if fossil or not. Try to do flame analysis with the root. Good catch!

POC is eagle ford shale, Cretaceous period. It's got some ice age north American animals too. A smattering of arrowheads. If that helps. I really wasn't sure what it was either.

Fossil, it's like a rock, but better.

Guest bmorefossil
the left one looks very much likea carnivore carnassial back teeth; the other one is very similar to pig family (Suidae), or whatever animal similar to wild boar you have there in the states (Peccary or similar...). Anyway, no idea if fossil or not. Try to do flame analysis with the root. Good catch!

yes Moropus seems to be correct, some kind of pig, I have some peccary teeth if you want to compare them to the tooth you have?