Lafarge Quarry Jan. 17th

greel

Well conditions were poor with dry frozen ground, so teeth were scarcer than usual for an Eocene quarry.

The low temps (using Southern standards) kept the folks showing up to a minimum. I'd hoped this would

be the case, giving me a chance to stare at ground not covered with shoe prints. I found a tooth that is

a real heartbreaker. It has a strong root, good serrations that you could comb your hair with, a gorgeous

bourlette, both cusps, but a broken tip. The missing tip makes me think of what might have been, but I'll

put it in my Ric case anyway just because everything else about it so good.

-greel

post-102-1232316381_thumb.jpg

Guest bmorefossil

did you meet up with any of the other forum members while you were down there? Haiz went of course, ob1 went with him. Nice tooth btw

and to add your tooth does not look broken, just naturally worn

did you meet up with any of the other forum members while you were down there? Haiz went of course, ob1 went with him. Nice tooth btw

and to add your tooth does not look broken, just naturally worn

I've never met them, so not sure if our paths crossed on the hunt. Forgot to add that the Spring hunt for LaFarge

has been cancelled due to plant operations - hopefully new material will be uncovered for the July dig. Also,

check out the sweet P. benedeni found at this LaFarge dig by Greg over on BlackRiverFossils site. **** that's

soooo... nice! Talk about beating the odds.

-greel

Nice tooth greel. I am sorry I missed you this trip; I was on the new side of the mine (where the port-a-john) sits. I had a decent day in the quarry, pics to follow soon.